June 7, 2019 –
June 9, 2019
Spray Beach Yacht Club
Beach Haven, New Jersey
Results & Reports
- 2018 – Randy Smyth Weta Trimaran
- 2017 – Phil Collins Hobie 17
- 2016 – Ken Marshack, Valarie Pioszak Hobie 18
- 2015 – Michael Easton, Tripp Burd Formula 18
- 2014 – Lars Guk A Cat
- 2013 – Enrique Figueroa, Carla Malatrasi Hobie 16
- 2012 – Sarah Newberry, Kenny Pierce Formula 16
- 2011 – Matt Struble, Damon Lacasella Viper F16
- 2010 – Pete Melvin, Nat Shaver C2 F18
- 2009 – John Casey, John Williams Viper F16
- 2008 – Nigel Pitt, Alex Shafer F18
- 2007 – John Casey, John Williams Blade F16
- 2006 – Robbie Daniel, Hunter Stunzi Nacra 20 spi
- 2005 – Greg Thomas, Jacques Bernier Hobie Tiger spi
- 2004 – Mike Montague, Kathy Ward Hobie 16 no spi
- 2003 – Matt Struble, W.F. Oliver Javelin F18HT spi
- 2002 – Matt Struble, Domonique Martin Hobie Tiger spi
- 2001 – Matt Struble, Mike Kletke Inter 20 spi
- 1999-2000 – Keith Christensen, Shala Youngerman Hobie 20
- 1998-1999 – Randy Smyth, Keith Notary Nacra 6.0na
- 1997-1998 – Pete Melvin, Roger Jenkins Hobie 20
- 1996 – Jeff Newsome, Sandra Tartaglino Inter 18
- 1995 – Randy Smyth, Jason Sneed Hobie 20
- 1994 – Bob Curry, Kirk Newkirk Mystere 6.0
- 1993 – Randy Smyth, Bert Rice Nacra 5.5
- 1992 – Lake Tahoe, CA Larry Suter, Nick Scandone Hobie 20
- 1991 – Carlton Tucker, Sean Donnelly Prindle 19
- 1990 – Randy Smyth, Glenn Purcell Prindle 18-2
- 1989 – Alan Egusa, Paul Parizeau Hobie 21
- 1988 – Carlton Tucker, Mary Alice Tucker Hobie 18
- 1987 – Carlton Tucker, Jarrett Melvin Nacra 5.7
- Committee Chair: Ashley Enders
- Committee List
- Event Chair: Robin and Andy Keller
- US Sailing Representative
DISCOUNTED HOUSING ALTERNATIVES:
US Sailing members are eligible for a 15% discount with IHG InterContinental Hotels Group for this event. Log into your MY US SAILING Account, select MEMBER COUPONS from the left-hand sidebar, click on the IHG Logo and enter your travel information. This discount can only be booked through this site.
AIR TRAVEL DISCOUNTS:
US Sailing members are eligible for a 10% discount with United Airlines for this event.
Log into your MY US SAILING Account, select MEMBER COUPONS from the left-hand sidebar, click on the UNITED Logo for booking information. This discount can only be booked through this site.
2014 U.S. Multihull Championship Bristol Yacht Club
About This Event
2019 U,S, Multihull Championship
Spray Beach Yacht Club, Beach Haven, NJ – Hobie 14
DATE CHANGE June 7-9, 2019
REGISTRATION NOW OPEN
The U.S. Multihull Championship is one of several prestigious championships hosted by US Sailing and sailed in selected one-design class boats. The perpetual trophy was presented and named the Alter Trophy in 1986 in honor of Hobie Alter, Sr. and his extraordinary promotion of one-design multihull sailing and racing programs.
The U.S. Multihull Championship for the Hobie Alter Trophy has become one of the nation’s major sailing championships, having featured world champions from numerous classes, Olympic medalists and several national champions from the multihull ranks.
The U.S. Multihull Championship was conceived by the Multihull Council in the spring of 1985 as a service to multihull racing sailors. It is intended to determine a U.S. national multihull champion and is sailed annually in various types of multihulls.
Originally the championship had the good fortune of having manufacturers provide new boats including Hobie, Inter, Nacra, Prindle, Mystere and Bimare classes but in 2013, the decision was made to rotate it each year through the various classes of catamarans to better represent the depth of multihull sailing in the United States.