The Measurers and Equipment Inspectors Committee:
- develops and supports measurers and equipment inspectors within the United States
- develops and maintains training and testing for event equipment inspection
- assists sailing organizations in obtaining measurers or equipment inspectors for events
- provides support and advice on the roles and conduct of measurers and equipment inspectors at US Sailing events
- submits candidates for approval by the Board as nominees for World Sailing International Measurers
For further information about programs of the Measurers and Equipment Inspectors Committee, please contact the committee chair.
Measurers and Equipment Inspectors Committee:
Reference Materials for Measurers and Equipment Inspectors:
World Sailing's Equipment Rules of Sailing
Interested in Becoming an International Measurer?
- Qualified measurers of World Sailing International or Recognized Classes should fill out an International Measurers Application Form on the World Sailing website.
- Prerequisites for becoming an International Measurer as well as information on measurement clinics and seminars are also found on the World Sailing website.
- Your completed Measurer’s Application Form must be endorsed by the international class association and US Sailing.
US Sailing Application Process
- Initial applications for certification as a World Sailing International Measurer require approval of the US Sailing Measurers and Equipment Inspectors Committee and the endorsement of the US Sailing Board of Directors.
- Complete the "Request US Sailing's Endorsement as a World Sailing International Race Official" form by June 1.
- Applicants are responsible for submission of their own application to World Sailing.
For more information, please see the World Sailing website.
US Sailing Application Timetable
- June 1 – completed US Sailing Endorsement Request, with all supporting materials, due to US Sailing Race Administration Office
- June - early July – committees consider applications
- Mid-July – Race Administration forwards approved candidates’ files to Board of Directors
- Late July – Board of Directors considers applications
- September 1 – individual applications and US Sailing endorsement due to World Sailing
Questions or information about the US Sailing requirements? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (401) 342-7948.
More information about World Sailing International Measurers programs.