US Sailing is the national governing body for sailing. Our mission is to provide leadership, integrity and advancement for the sport. Founded in 1897 and headquartered in Bristol, Rhode Island, US Sailing is a 501(c) (3) non-profit organization.
At US Sailing, employee performance expectations are high, position responsibilities diverse, and rewards satisfying.
US Sailing provides a creative team environment that allows talented employees to work with a respected, long-standing, and visionary sailing leaders committed to exceptional performance and customer service. We also offer exceptional benefits, including medical, dental, life, long-term disability and 403b retirement plan.
If you’re looking for a dynamic atmosphere surrounded by supportive and passionate co-workers, then US Sailing is the place to be. If you don’t see a current job listing of interest, please check back soon.
Full-Time, Part-Time & Seasonal Positions
Our Human Resources Manager is Renee Wetterland, and she can be reached with any questions or additional documents to the application at ReneeWetterland@ussailing.org.
Senior Vice President of Corporate Partnerships
In the support of US Sailing’s mission to grow and strengthen the sport of sailing, the SVP of Corporate Partnerships is responsible for the organization’s Partnerships team, driving outsized impact on customers locally, nationally, and internationally. In this high-impact, high visibility role, you will report to the CEO, be a part of the executive leadership team, and work closely with the Chief Development Officer, Chief Financial Officer, Senior Vice President of Memberships, and other members of the leadership team to forge deeper alliances with existing partners and establish relationships with new partners. The team’s goal is to build a world class partnerships department to drive growth in the sailing industry. This role will help to strengthen US Sailing’s portfolio of National Championships and competitive events, as well as grow the in-house and Olympic teams. As the SVP of Corporate Partnerships, you will be instrumental in this growth and be responsible for the following:
- Build a robust partnerships ecosystem by facilitating and developing strategic alliances with new partners, and growing current ones
- Own the relationship with key strategic partners, overseeing day-to-day interactions, and looking for ways to further deepen those relationships
- Manage partner relationships across their full lifecycle from onboarding to ongoing success
- Be a voice for the company and its partnership efforts, including attending and speaking at company events
- Strengthen US Sailing’s portfolio of National Championships and competitive events through program evolution, marketing, promotion, and partnerships
- Keep leadership apprised of industry trends
- Work with internal stakeholders across the organization, building a bridge between them and external partners
- Evaluate partnership opportunities, performing quantitative and qualitative due diligence to prioritize them
- Coach, hire, develop, and support a high-performing, diverse and inclusive team while inspiring people to do their best work
- Generate, sell, and maintain corporate partnerships for entire organization as a leader on the team
- Develop and sell partnerships to corporations, both inside and outside the sailing business
- Lead a team of sales people and coordinators and grow the department consistently with growth in revenues
- Raise brand awareness through the ongoing development of the US Sailing value proposition and positioning
Senior Vice President of Memberships
In support of US Sailing’s mission to grow and strengthen the sport of sailing, the Senior Vice President of Membership is responsible for directing and managing the functions of the member engagement department. This is a key leadership role responsible for providing excellent customer service, building, facilitating, and maintaining relationships with Local Sailing Organizations (LSO) as well as individual members and creating, developing and implementing a diverse portfolio of events and experiences designed to increase, heighten and promote US Sailing programs and services to the broad sailing community. The SVP of Memberships will report to the CEO, be part of the executive leadership team, and work closely with the Chief Development Officer, Chief Financial Officer, Senior Vice President of Corporate Partnerships, and other members of the leadership team.
This role requires a forward thinking, creative leader focused on developing and delivering innovative member engagement strategies and experiences to grow both US Sailing and the sport. Interpersonal skills that can motivate and foster collaboration with a wide array of stakeholders including staff, volunteers, industry partners and sailing organizations, are critical to success in this role. The position is a crucial member of the organization with a seat on the executive leadership team, and is involved in major strategic and operational decisions affecting the organization and responsible for the following:
- Local sailing organization support and outreach
- Provide access and information on the associations diverse portfolio of products and services
- Build, facilitate and maintain relationships with Local Sailing Organization and US Sailing’s organizational members by establishing regular communications and traveling to regions across the county
- Lead the Marketing department, identify and determine content for a regular communications to organizational leadership
- Lead marketing and all departments to connect programs to all Local Sailing Organizations and organizations across US Sailing
- Manage the organizational membership loyalty program
- Facilitate the flow of information between the Local Sailing Organization and US Sailing
- Responsible for developing and implementing services and programs for the 1,500+ organizational members and 44,000 individual members of US Sailing
- Collaborate across the organization and work with all departments to promote US Sailing’s broad array of services, programs and products to members and potential members
- Manage, develop and train staff to provide first class customer service to US Sailing constituents
- Solicit member feedback on programs and services
- Develop and execute plan for Boat Show presence including logistics of exhibiting
- Ensure database is updated with contact information for all event attendees and facilitate post event communications to attendees
- Attend events and serve as the public presence of US Sailing
- Develop a network of Field Ambassadors to represent US Sailing regionally
- Develop, manage and achieve department budget and goals
- Promote existing membership benefits and improve membership value by enhancing membership benefits
- Serve as the direct liaison to the leadership of US Sailing divisions, committees and councils regarding member engagement operations relating to the respective constituencies
- Possess the highest integrity and values consistent with those of US Sailing
- Ability to work non-traditional hours including weekends and holidays if needed
- Ability to travel domestically
- Lead membership activities (development of member benefits, membership sales efforts, membership retention efforts, customer service, etc.)
- Lead consumer marketing activities (branding, social media, advertising, etc.)