Thank you for the work you do every day to strengthen the sport of sailing and serve your local sailors. US Sailing wants to partner with you through membership to support sailing in your community. Becoming a US Sailing member organization will unlock access to the best tools in the industry to support your members and programs. We want to help you get more sailors out on the water, cultivate healthy competition in your local racing series, keep your sailors safe, and help everyone experience the joy of the sport. Choose from one of the three membership tiers below and get started today!
Questions? Contact our dedicated Membership team at Organizations@ussailing.org
Membership Levels & Benefits for Sailing Organizations
Stay connected to news and resources specifically for sailing organizations by signing up for The Quarterdeck monthly newsletter!
All member benefits can be accessed through your organization's My US Sailing account.
- Basic, Pro, and Premium Organizations have the ability to extend a special discount to their members when they join through the MVP Program.
- Pro and Premium Organizations are eligible to accrue and redeem credits for each member of their organization who join US Sailing through the MVP Program. These credits can be redeemed on courses, events, merchandise, and other optional items as outlined in the Credit Redemption Catalog.
- US Sailing Organization Members can take advantage of the relationship between the Royal Yachting Association and US Sailing with access to the Portsmouth Yardstick online platform.
- Access to our Athlete Safety platform and resources from the U.S. Center for Safe Sport.
- Access to DEI trainings and courses through Inclusion Playbook
- Access to subsidized courses, resources, and trainings with Positive Coaching Alliance
Savings & Discounts
- 10% discount on the marine insurance components of the Burgee Program, the Gowrie Group’s comprehensive insurance program developed to meet the unique needs of yacht clubs, community sailing centers and sailing organizations.
- Member-only pricing on US Sailing products including publications from the US Sailing Store
- Receive a copy of the current Racing Rules of Sailing (per 4-year rule book period)
Education Programs & Accreditation
- Use our Skill Up youth development mobile app to help teach sailing from where ever you are!
- Become an Accredited School with US Sailing
- Host Instructor Courses or Race Official Trainings
Publicity & Marketing Opportunities:
- List your events on the US Sailing online event calendar
- Update your listing in the Where to Sail Database to promote your organization's sailing opportunities
- List your One-Design Class on the One-Design Class List
- Opportunity to host US Sailing Championships
- Show your affiliation with the nationally recognized sailing authority by placing a US Sailing logo on your organization’s website
Organizational Member Forms
US Sailing has gone paperless and will no longer be sending paper invoices. Don’t want to join or renew online here? Please find the respective membership form below that you can print, fill out, and mail to us, just as you may have done in the past.
These forms can also be filled out electronically, and can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.