Now is the time for your organization to Skill Up
Skill Up is the new digital platform for instruction at US Sailing member organizations. With a mobile app for instructors and students, and a website dashboard for program directors and leaders, Skill Up provides paperless, touch-free connection for everyone at your program.
The Skill Up App brings US Sailing’s instructional resources to the fingertips of instructors and students. Built to support US Sailing’s skill development curriculum, the Skill Up App provides US Sailing members with access to skill tracking, instructional videos, and teaching resources.
The new Skill Up Dashboard website gives program leaders a powerful administrative tool. Your program's Skill Up Dashboard connects to your instructors and students via the app, giving you the ability to organize and manage classes, send push notifications, and record important information such as student attendance, learning progress, and level of skill.
Skill Up App features
- Skill Tracking - As students learn, Instructors record their new skills in the app. The student's skill progress is saved by US Sailing, and accessible to students and parents through the app. When a student changes classes or starts at a new organization, their skill progress automatically stays with them.
- Instructional Resources - Including a library of drills, games, activities, sample lesson plans, and a lesson builder tool for instructors.
- Attendance - Instructors record attendance on the app. No more paper attendance sheets!
Skill Up Dashboard features
- The dashboard connects program leaders to the learning environment in a new way, helping you manage students and staff more efficiently,
- Create "sessions" and "classes" to fit your program's structure, and view skill progress and attendance for each class.
- Create admin credentials for your program's power users (directors, leaders, head instructors, etc). Admin users must have valid SafeSport training in order to log in.
- Send push notifications and bulk emails to students and/or instructors, allowing for quick, direct communication.
How to get onboard as a Skill Up program
Getting started is easy! US Sailing is seeking new organizations to join the Skill Up program as early adopters. Take the leap and get involved in the future of sailing instruction!
US Sailing membership is the key that unlocks the Skill Up program. The platform requires that all students be active US Sailing members, giving them access to the app, and your organization access to the dashboard. US Sailing offers a heavily discounted youth membership rate of $10 per student for organizations that sign up their students in bulk.
To get started, please fill out the Expression of Interest form below, and a US Sailing staff member will email you with additional information. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.