US Sailing Foundation
Vision & Purpose
Sailing is evolving. At US Sailing, we’re not just adapting . . . we’ve changed our heading, streamlined our governance, leveraged technology to expand our reach and optimized our organizational structure. We now have an efficient platform to launch the new US Sailing Foundation and develop the resources to launch the sport of sailing into the future.
A future where . . .
- Inclusion and diversity is the standard
- Newcomers enjoy access to affordable and inclusive local sailing communities
- Every sailor is trained to the highest possible standards in their choice of equipment
- Every competitor has opportunities to excel and achieve their personal best
- Extraordinary talent is fully prepared to compete and win at pinnacle events around the world
The Current Context
Throughout the sailing community, there is concern over the future of our sport, but the fragmented nature of sailing makes common solutions and unified action elusive.
In recent years, US Sailing has focused on developing channels that expand access and raise the bar in training and competitive standards; but it’s not enough.
Sailing Must Change Faster because the World is Changing Faster
The US Sailing Foundation will secure the resources required for US Sailing to develop innovative and dynamic programs that represent the way people want to sail, provide the skills to master technically advanced equipment and align with the way we all consume information and connect to each other.
Find out more about US Sailing Foundation's fundraising campaigns and how you can help.
You may believe, as we do, that sailing is a journey worth taking – a journey worth sharing. Pass the sailing experience and its important life lessons on to future generations of sailors through a legacy gift to the US Sailing Foundation Planned Giving Program.
Prospective donors are urged to consult their personal tax and financial advisors concerning the specific consequences of making gifts to the US Sailing Foundation.
Governance and Financials
The United States Sailing Foundation (USSF) is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization. Contributions are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. Copies of our recent audited financial statements and Form 990 are posted below. Financial information for the United States Sailing Foundation will be updated each year upon completion of the audited financial statements and filing of the Form 990.
- 2015 990 Form
- 2016 990 Form
- 2017 990 Form
- 2018 990 Form
- 2019 990 Form
- 2020 990 Form
- 2021 990 Form
- 2022 990 Form
- 2017 Audited Financial Statements
- 2018 Audited Financial Statements
- 2019 Audited Financial Statements
- 2020 Audited Financial Statements
- 2021 Audited Financial Statements
- 2022 Audited Financial Statements
USSF Board of Directors
- Brian Keane, Acting Chairman
- Glenn Darden, Secretary
- Rich Jepsen
- Linda Lindquist
- Alan Ostfield
- Cory Sertl
- Doug Smith
- Tom Whidden