Give the sailing experience to future generations by remembering the US Sailing Foundation in your will through a bequest.
A bequest may be right for you if:
- You want to support the future of sailing by supporting the US Sailing Foundation.
- You want to continue to retain control and use of your assets during your lifetime.
- You are seeking to reduce your estate tax through gifts from your estate which may be exempt from federal estate taxes. Because your bequest is revocable, you will not receive a tax benefit when you create it. Your tax advisor can define tax deduction available to your estate.
Large or small, your bequest will make an important contribution to sailing by providing the resources future generations will need to keep sailing strong.
List of Life Events that could mean your Will is due for an update:
But even the best will can become obsolete over time.
Protect the people closest to you and the assets you've worked so hard to accumulate by reviewing the many life events that can impact a will and other arrangements:
- moving to another state
- changes in the value of your assets
- a change in marital status
- birth of a grandchild
- a change in the real estate you own
- new tax laws
- changes in your charitable goals
If you need to update your will, there is no substitute for using a qualified attorney with estate planning experience in your state. A knowledgeable attorney can make sure that your revisions are properly recorded, which can reduce expenses and help heirs receive their inheritances sooner.
For more information about how to include the US Sailing Foundation in your plans, please contact us, or call (401) 342-7900 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Types of Bequests
Give the leadership of our organization the flexibility to apply your generous gift to the area(s) of greatest need.
A gift for a specific use or specific program that is important to you. The following is intended to help you and your attorney draft a bequest that satisfies your interests.
Your gift is invested along with other endowment assets to ensure that your gift will continue to benefit the sport of sailing long into the future. We will distribute these funds in accordance with our Investment Policy (link). An endowed bequest can be restricted or unrestricted. Learn more about the US Sailing Foundation endowment.