A legacy gift to the US Sailing Foundation is a gift to future generations of sailors. Sailing is much more than a sport. It's a journey that shapes lives, strengthens character and provides a lifetime of fun and adventure with family and friends. Remembering the US Sailing Foundation in your will through a bequest is a meaningful way to give back to a sport that has been important and defining for you and your family.
Consider a Bequest if:
- You want to ensure a strong future for sailing by supporting the US Sailing Foundation.
- You want to continue to retain control and use of your assets during your lifetime.
- You are seeking to reduce your estate tax through gifts from your estate which may be exempt from federal estate taxes. Your tax adviser can define tax deduction available to your estate.
Large or small, your bequest will make an important contribution to sailing by providing the resources future generations will need to keep sailing strong.
Is Your Will Up-To-Date?
Even the best will can become obsolete over time.
Protect the people closest to you and the assets you've worked to accumulate by reviewing the many life events that can influence your will and other arrangements:
- moving to another state
- changes in the value of your assets
- a change in marital status
- birth of a grandchild
- a change in the real estate you own
- new tax laws
- changes in your charitable goals
If you need to update your will, there is no substitute for using a qualified attorney with estate planning experience in your state.
For more information about how to include the US Sailing Foundation in your plans, please contact us, or call (401) 342-7900 or email@example.com
Types of Bequests
Give the leadership of US Sailing the flexibility to apply your generous gift to the area(s) of greatest need.
A gift for a specific use or specific program that is important to you. The name and focus of US Sailing programs may change over time, so please consider the intention behind your restriction and make your gift to a broader category of programs that . . .
- Expand Access to Sailing
- Teach Youth Sailors
- Deliver the highest standards in Training and Education
- Foster Competitive Excellence
- Support Olympic Sailing
Your gift is invested along with other endowment assets to ensure that your gift will continue to benefit the sport of sailing long into the future. We will distribute these funds in accordance with our Investment Policy . An endowed bequest can be restricted or unrestricted. Learn more about the US Sailing Foundation endowment by calling 401-342-7922 or email firstname.lastname@example.org