October 3, 2019 –
October 6, 2019
St. Francis Yacht Club
San Francisco, California
Results & Reports
- 2018 – New York Yacht Club/Yankee Creole Racing – Pearson Potts, Bryce Kopp, Max Lopez, Robert Savoie
- 2017 – Pequot Yacht Club – David Storrs, Hayden Goodrich, Laurie Jury, Sam Bell, Tom Powrie
- 2016 – San Diego Yacht Club – Nevin Snow, Nick Kaschak, Alex Curtiss, Peter Busch
- 2015 – Pequot Yacht Club – Dave Perry, Doug McLean, Steve Natvig, Jon Singsen, Chris Museler
- 2014 – Chicago Match Race – Nathan Hollerbach,Taylor Canfield, Mike Rehe, Maggie Shea
- 2013 – Pequot Yacht Club – David Dellenbaugh, Rebecca Dellenbaugh, Janel Zarkowsky, Amanda Callahan
- 2012 – Chicago Match Race – Taylor Canfield, Stephanie Roble, Maggie Shea, Janel Zarkowsky
- 2011 – Pequot Yacht Club – Dave Perry, Mike Rehe, Chris Museler
- 2010 – St Francis Yacht Club – Shawn Bennett, Melissa Purdy Feagin, Tom Purdy, Adam Roberts
- 2009 – Chicago Match Race Center – William Hardesty, David Hughes, David Gerber
- 2008 – Pequot Yacht Club – Dave Perry, David Moffet ,Chris Museler
- 2007 – King Harbor YC – Brian Angel, Payson Infelise, Mike Delanty
- 2006 – Pequot Yacht Club – Dave Perry, Chris Museler, Terry Flynn
- 2005 – King Harbor Yacht Club – Brian Angel, Payson Infelise, David Hochart
- 2004 – Seawanhaka Corinthian Yacht Club – Karl Ziegler, Dean Brenner, Mike Welch
- 2003 – Bayview YC – Nathan Hollerbach, Mathew Shirilla, Michael Hoey
- 2002 – Pequot YC- David Dellenbaugh, Doug Clark, Ralf Steitz
- 2001 – Watch Hill YC – Mason Woodworth, Dean Brenner, Randy Shore
- 2000 – Watch Hill YC – Mason Woodworth, Dean Brenner, Randy Shore
- 1999 – Watch Hill YC – Mason Woodworth, Dean Brenner, Randy Shore
- 1998 – Davis Island YC – Jeff Linton, Tom Barry, Mike Gable
- 1997 – Naval Academy Sailing Squadron – Brad Dellenbaugh, Ned Jones, John Grierson
- 1996 – San Diego, CA – Southwestern YC – Tim Wadlow, Roger Floyd, Preston Holdner
- 1995 – St. Francis YC, San Francisco, CA – Morgan Larson, Seadon Wijsen, Brandon Paine
- 1994 – Larchmont YC – Ben Cesare, John Savage, Phil Lotz
- 1993 – San Diego YC – Rick Merriman, Chuck Simmons, Casey Schnoor
- 1992 – Southern YC – John Lovell, John Killeen, Preston Christman
- 1991 – St. Petersburg YC – Chris Larson, Martin Kullman, Howard Miller
- 1990 – Newport Harbor YC – Scott Mason, Jamie Hardenbergh, Bill Menninger
- 1989 – Newport Harbor YC – Doug Rastello, Scott Mason, Skip Beck
- 1988 – St. Francis YC – Mark Rastello, Chris Perkins, Jim Barton
- 1987 – San Diego YC – Mark Reynolds, Andy LaDow, Donald Wyatt
- 1986 – Bay-Waveland YC – Marc Eagan, Dennis Stieffel, Randy Santa Cruz
- 1985 – Alamitos Bay YC – Mark Golison, Bruce Golison, Ron Rosenberg
- 1984 – Pequot YC – Dave Dellenbaugh, W.B. Peale, John Wallace
- 1983 – Rush Creek YC – Bruce Golison, Jay Golison, Steve Grillon
- 1982 – Yale Corinthian YC – Dave Perry, Peter Worcester, Tom Kinney
- 1981 – Seabrook SC – Marvin Beckman, Mike Smith, Chuck Wilk
- 1980 – Seattle YC – Jonathan McKee, Carl Buchan, Mike Smith, Chuck Wilk
- 1979 – St. Petersburg YC – John W. Jennings, Don Krippendorf, John M. Jennings
- 1978 – Galveston Bay CA – Marvin Beckman, Skipper
- 1977 – Coronado YC – Ed Trevelyan, Skipper
- 1976 – Coronado YC – Ed Trevelyan, Skipper
- 1975 – California YC – Kenneth M. Young, Skipper
- 1974 – Noroton YC – William S. Cox, John Rousmaniere, Andrew A. Scholtz
- 1973 – MIT Nautical Assn. – Stephen Cucchiaro, Skipper
- 1972 – Newport Harbor YC – Tim Hogan, Skipper
- 1971 – MIT Nautical Assn. – Terry Cronberg, Skipper
- 1970 – St. Petersburg YC – John W. Jennings, Skipper
- 1969 – Quissett YC – E.M. Burt, Prince Sears Crowell, III, Browne Morgan Littel
- 1968 – Newport Harbor YC – Burke Sawyer, Skipper
- 1967 – Newport Harbor YC – Scott Alan, Skipper
About This Event
2017 Marked the 50th Anniversary of the historic and highly competitive U.S. Match Racing Championship.
- Selection is done through U.S. Match Racing Qualifying events, or by invitation from the selection committee based on many factors including ranking.
- Each member of the crew must be a member of US Sailing, except that participants from other countries shall either be members of US Sailing or be members of their World Sailing recognized national authority for sailing.
- The event will consist of a round robin followed by a knock out series including; quarter finals, semi finals and finals.
- The winning team, if comprised of 100 percent U.S. citizens or U.S. residents, will earn the title of U.S. Match Racing National Champion and win the Prince of Wales Bowl. When the winning team is not comprised of 100 percent U.S. citizens or U.S. residents, that team will be named the winners of the Prince of Wales Bowl. The title of U.S. Match Racing National Champion will be awarded to the highest placed finishing team of all U.S. citizens or U.S. Residents.
- The overall winning team, regardless of team members’ nationality, will earn the Prince of Wales Bowl and automatically qualify for next year’s U.S. Match Racing Championship.
- All competitors shall be current members of US Sailing at the time of the qualifying series
- Competitors from other countries shall either be current members of US Sailing or be members of their National Authority.
- Skippers may indicate preferences and request invitations to up to three (3) of the Qualifying events.
- Qualifying Series 2019 – Request an Invitation.
- More Information on Match Racing and The Dial Up
2018 U.S. Match Racing Championship