June 27 – July 1, 2018
Co-Hosted by Oakcliff Sailing and Seawanhaka Corinthian Yacht Club, Oyster Bay, New York
Thank You National Sponsors
Results & Reports
- Notice of Race
- Sailing instructions
- Register here
- Competitor List
- SafeSport handbook
- US Sailing Championships Code of Conduct
- 2017 – Balboa Yacht Club: Porter Killian, skipper, John Horton, Robert Garrett, Victoria Thompson
- 2016 – Centerport Yacht Club: Sean Cornell, skipper, Scott Ewing, Thomas Pluchino
- 2015 – Oakcliff Sailing Center: Colin Kennedy, skipper, Alec Caterson, Austin Colpaert
- 2014 – Lakewood Yacht Club: Dane Byerly, skipper, Howdy Hughes, Collin Scoville
- 2013 – Balboa Yacht Club: Christophe Killian, skipper, Jack Martin, Harrison Vandervort
- 2012 – Portland Yacht Club: Charlie Lalumiere, skipper, Myles Everitt , Chase Quinn, Mac Agnese
- 2011 – Annapolis Yacht Club: Michael Carr, skipper, Jack Ortel, Austin Ortel
- 2010 – Annapolis Yacht Club: Michael Carr, skipper, Jack Ortel, Brady Stagg
- 2017 – (Fort Worth Boat Club) Balboa Yacht Club: David Wood, skipper, John Horton, Robert Garrett, Victoria Thompson
- 2016 – (Sail Sheboygan) San Francisco Yacht Club: Romain Screve, skipper, Jackson Ritter, Sammy Shea
- 2015 – (Balboa Yacht Club) Balboa Yacht Club: Christophe Killian, skipper, Jack Martin, Harrison Vandervort
- 2014 – (Oakcliff Sailing & Seawanhaka Corinthian Yacht Club) Balboa Yacht Club: Christophe Killian, skipper, Jack Martin, Harrison Vandervort
- 2013 – (Sail Sheboygan) San Francisco Yacht Club: Scott Buckstaff, skipper, Corey Lynch, Sammy Shea
- 2012 – (St. Petersburg Yacht Club) Chicago Yacht Club: Will Holz, skipper,Wheeler Morris, Madeleine Cooney, Alex Woloshyn
- 2011 – (Balboa Yacht Club) San Diego Yacht Club: Nevin Snow, skipper, Jake LaDow, Jake Reynolds
- 2010 – (Balboa Yacht Club) Newport Harbor Yacht Club: Chris Segerblom, skipper, Connor Bathen, Kieran Chung
Sailorships : Travel grants for sailors to travel to US Sailing’s U.S. junior or youth championships
About This Event
Congratulations to the 2018 US Youth Match Racing Championship winning team of Jack Parkin, Ashton Borcherding, Bram Brakman, and Wiley Rogers!
The U.S. Youth Match Racing Championship (“USYMRC”) for the Rose Cup is an invitational event open to sailors between 16 and 20 years old. The Championship features world-class coaching and race management and serves as an outstanding training ground for young sailors who are passionate about match racing and focused on competing at the next level.
- Type of Event: Invitation Only
- Fleets: Provided Keelboats
- Competitors must have reached their 16th birthday but not their 21st birthday during the calendar year in which the event is held
- The U.S. Youth Match Racing Championship (“USYMRC”) for the Rose Cup is an invitational event based on Requests for Invitation from qualified skippers.
- Teams will consist of crews of four (4) with at least one male and one female and a maximum crew weight of 680 lbs.
- The event is expected to be an World Sailing Grade 3 Event.
- Teams may be composed of members from other yacht clubs or sailing associations.
- More information on Match Racing and The Dial Up
Invitations for the Governor’s Cup
- At least the top skipper in the USYMRC will receive an invitation to the Governor’s Cup to be held at the Balboa Yacht Club, Newport Beach, California, provided he or she has requested an invitation to the Governor’s Cup. Click here to request an invitation to the Governor’s Cup.
- Governor’s Cup Information