June 27 – July 1, 2018
Co-Hosted by Oakcliff Sailing and Seawanhaka Corinthian Yacht Club, Oyster Bay, New York
Thank You National Sponsors
- Notice of Race
- Register here
- Competitor list
- SafeSport handbook
- US Sailing Championships Code of Conduct
Results & Reports
2017 – Balboa Yacht Club: Porter Killian, skipper, John Horton, Robert Garrett, Victoria Thompson
2016 – Centerport Yacht Club: Sean Cornell, skipper, Scott Ewing, Thomas Pluchino
2015 – Oakcliff Sailing Center: Colin Kennedy, skipper, Alec Caterson, Austin Colpaert
2014 – Lakewood Yacht Club: Dane Byerly, skipper, Howdy Hughes, Collin Scoville
2013 – Balboa Yacht Club: Christophe Killian, skipper, Jack Martin, Harrison Vandervort
2012 – Portland Yacht Club: Charlie Lalumiere, skipper, Myles Everitt , Chase Quinn, Mac Agnese
2011 – Annapolis Yacht Club: Michael Carr, skipper, Jack Ortel, Austin Ortel
2010 – Annapolis Yacht Club: Michael Carr, skipper, Jack Ortel, Brady Stagg
2017 – Fort Worth Boat Club, Balboa Yacht Club: David Wood, skipper, John Horton, Robert Garrett, Victoria Thompson
2016 – Sail Sheboygan, San Francisco Yacht Club: Romain Screve, skipper, Jackson Ritter, Sammy Shea
2015 – Balboa Yacht Club, Balboa Yacht Club: Christophe Killian, skipper, Jack Martin, Harrison Vandervort
2014 – Oakcliff Sailing & Seawanhaka Yacht Club, Balboa Yacht Club: Christophe Killian, skipper, Jack Martin, Harrison Vandervort
2013 – Sheboygan Yacht Club, San Francisco Yacht Club: Scott Buckstaff, skipper, Corey Lynch, Sammy Shea
2012 – St. Petersburg Yacht Club, Chicago Yacht Club: Will Holz, skipper,Wheeler Morris, Madeleine Cooney, Alex Woloshyn
2011 – Balboa Yacht Club, San Diego Yacht Club: Nevin Snow, skipper, Jake LaDow, Jake Reynolds
2010 – Balboa Yacht Club, Newport Harbor Yacht Club: Chris Segerblom, skipper, Connor Bathen, Kieran Chung
Sailorships : Travel grants for sailors to travel to US Sailing’s U.S. junior or youth championships
About This Event
The U.S. Youth Match Racing Championship (“USYMRC”) for the Rose Cup is an invitational event open to sailors between 16 and 20 years old. The Championship features world-class coaching and race management and serves as an outstanding training ground for young sailors who are passionate about match racing and focused on competing at the next level.
- Type of Event: Invitation Only
- Fleets: Provided Keelboats
- Competitors must have reached their 16th birthday but not their 21st birthday during the calendar year in which the event is held
- The U.S. Youth Match Racing Championship (“USYMRC”) for the Rose Cup is an invitational event based on Requests for Invitation from qualified skippers.
- Teams will consist of crews of four (4) with at least one male and one female and a maximum crew weight of 680 lbs.
- The event is expected to be an World Sailing Grade 3 Event.
- Teams may be composed of members from other yacht clubs or sailing associations.
- More information on Match Racing and The Dial Up
Invitations for the Governor’s Cup
- At least the top skipper in the USYMRC will receive an invitation to the Governor’s Cup to be held at the Balboa Yacht Club, Newport Beach, California, provided he or she has requested an invitation to the Governor’s Cup. Click here to request an invitation to the Governor’s Cup.
- Governor’s Cup Information