Come aboard! Choose the right type of membership for you or your family
- Youths enrolling in a Level 1 Instructor Certification Course need to upgrade to an Individual Membership, even if they are under 18 years old. Insurance requirement.
- Up to 7 immediately family members can join under one membership
- Children up to 18 years old and full time students can be added to one membership
- One family member may be enrolled in Level 1, 2 or 3 Programs. Additional students will need a separate individual membership.
College Student Membership
- US Sailing offers a 4 year college membership for less than $24 a year — a savings of 60% off the basic individual membership price
- This special membership is good for 4 years from the date of purchase regardless of when you graduate
- Remember… Certified Instructors (Levels 1 and 2) are required to have an adult membership for insurance purposes, and a US Sailing college membership fulfills this requisite.
- Is your college team 100% US Sailing? Take the Challenge!
- Join the community of over 1700 sailing organizations from across the country!
- We understand that as local sailing organizations—yacht clubs, community sailing programs, sailing schools, class and owner associations, Regional Sailing Associations, event organizers, etc.—you are the foundation for the sport and the work we do must meet your evolving needs. As a US Sailing member organization, you will have access to countless resources and a support system that can help strengthen your sailing initiatives on the water, in the classroom and within the community. Our organizational members receive publicity and marketing opportunities, play an important role in our community sharing best practices, receive savings and discounts from our partners, access to special organizational benefits, and additional member discounts.
- Is your Organization MVP?
- Corporate members of US Sailing recognize the interconnectedness of the sailing community and the value of engaging with all our members—competitors, cruisers, volunteers, instructors, professionals, fans, and local sailing organizations of all sizes. As a US Sailing corporate member, your organization will receive numerous discounts, complimentary individual memberships, and recognition on US Sailing platforms. Join today to unlock these benefits and demonstrate your support for sailing in all its forms.
Sustaining Membership Levels
- $150 - Sustainer
- $275 - Supporter
- $550 - Benefactor
- Through a premium level membership, your additional support helps US Sailing meet the quickly evolving needs of the sport. This is a pivotal time, and together we can build a strong future for sailing.
- All sustaining members can add up to 6 immediately family members in one membership
- A complimentary copy of Sailing World or Cruising World Magazines is included
- Tax Deductible
- The US Sailing President’s Club, an annual giving society, provides resources for projects that go beyond the scope of daily operations and supports new programs and services that meet the evolving needs of sailors and strengthen the future of our sport.
- As a member of the US Sailing President’s Club, you will receive a complimentary annual membership, a complimentary one year subscription to Sailing World or Cruising World, special communications and invitations to special events.
- The US Sailing President’s Club, our annual giving society, provides resources for projects that go beyond the scope of daily operations and create new programs and services that meet the evolving needs of sailors and strengthen the future of our sport.
- As a member of the US Sailing President’s Club, you will receive a complimentary annual US Sailing membership, one year of Sailing World or Cruising World magazine, special communications and invitations to special events.
MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS & DISCOUNTS
A US Sailing membership provides:
- A copy of the Racing Rules of Sailing for 2017-2020
- Eligibility to compete in US Sailing Championships
- Eligibility for US Sailing Training Programs
- Access to the PHRF Handicap Base Ratings
- Weekly news from eUSSailing
- Discounts at the US Sailing online store
- Plus discounts of 5%-75% from US Sailing Partners.
Scroll down for more US Sailing membership benefits
INSURANCE SOLUTIONS & PROGRAMS
Gowrie Group, US Sailing’s insurance partner offers these insurance solutions and programs for US Sailing members.
The Burgee Program
- The only comprehensive insurance program developed to meet the unique needs of yacht clubs, community programs, and sailing organizations. US Sailing members eligible for a 10% discount on the marine components of the program.
One-Design Insurance Program
- Specialized insurance for one-design boats under 30-feet. Can be purchased online. US Sailing members may be eligible for a 10% discount.
Crew Medical & Health Insurance
- Specialized, creditable health insurance with worldwide overage for professional sailors, coaches, instructors, Olympic team members, collegiate sailing athletes, paid crew/captains, and international cruisers who are members of US Sailing.
- Crew Medical FAQs.
Boat & Yacht Insurance
- Gowrie is the largest and most experienced independent marine insurance agency. Insurance solutions offered for all types of boats and yachts. US Sailing keelboat and powerboat certificate holders may be eligible for up to a 5% discount.
Home & Auto
- Gowrie offers US Sailing’s members insurance programs for homes, automobiles, valuables, businesses, and more.
Certified Instructor Coverage
- US Sailing extends its liability policies for the benefit of US Sailing’s certified instructors. The specific scenario determines if the coverage is primary, excess or does not apply.
Certified Race Officer Coverage
- US Sailing extends its liability policies for the benefit of US Sailing’s certified race officers, certified judges, and certified umpires, and to non-certified officials acting as volunteers for US Sailing. The specific scenario determines if the coverage is primary, excess or does not apply.
Enjoy discounts of 5% to 75% off at the following US Sailing partners
Through your membership you gain access to discounts on gear, publications and events, provided by our partners. Login to My US Sailing to redeem your member benefits.
SPEED & SMARTS NEWSLETTER
An exclusive US Sailing Member Benefit – curated content from Dave Dellenbaugh’s Speed & Smarts. Speed & Smarts is a bi-monthly newsletter packed with tips to improve your racing performance. It’s written by America’s Cup winning tactician Dave Dellenbaugh, and each issue is chock-full with instructional advice on tactics, strategy, speed, boathandling and rules. As a US Sailing Member you will have access to six issues from the Speed & Smarts archive, specially packaged and selected by Dave himself.
why membership matters
Your membership not only provides you with access to training & competitive opportunities, it also helps grow this great sport. Here's how:
A US Sailing membership provides the sport
- Certified Instructors are the backbone of ‘Learn to Sail’ programs for youth and adults.
- Certified Coaches take these sailors to the next level.
- Ratings Services level the playing field.
- Certified Race Officers are ready to make the right call at your signature regattas.
- Certified Judges and Umpires enforce the rules and provide credibility to your racing events.
- National Championships test your skills against the best.
- Resources help clubs enhance their programs.
- Newcomers introduced to the benefits of sailing.