DEI in Sailing: Where we are & Where we are going
The panel discussed ways their affiliated sailing organizations have implemented strategies to increase awareness and opportunities in sailing for more diverse populations.
Panelists represented organizations from different focus areas of the sport, including college sailing, professional racing, grassroots DEI program, and the US Sailing DEI Committee.
You will learn about the current state of these efforts and what is needed in the future to advance our goals.
Meet the Panelists:
- Moderator – Blair Overman, US Sailing Siebel Sailors Program Manager
- Panelist – Captain Donald N. Lawson, US Sailing DEI Committee member
- Panelist – Preston Anderson, ICSA TIDE Task Force – Vice Chair
- Panelist – Kimo Worthington, U.S. SailGP Team – General Manager
- Panelist – Alessandro Ambrosi, Hampton University Sailing – Head Coach