If you are an experienced kiteboarder with a physical disability (Para Kiteboarding) who is looking to advance your skills, this is an opportunity for you!
The first ever Para Kiting PDP clinic will be held for 4 days, June 23-26. Participants will be asked to arrive on Wednesday June 22 and depart on the evening of Sunday, June 26. The PDP will be held at the fully accessible venue – Univela Campione, Lake Garda Italy.
- Sailors must have previous kiting experience
- Sailors must have access to equipment (adapted for the sailor) that they can bring with them to use at the clinic.
- Sailors should have a classified disability, but may not have been formally classified yet
US Sailing as the Member National Authority to World Sailing may nominate up to three persons to attend this clinic. Only US Sailing may submit an application for a team to participate in this clinic event. Registration for the initial performance clinic is limited to the following individuals:
- Maximum of 2 sailors with preference given to MNAs registering female and/or youth (under 25) sailors. Sailors MUST have some experience kiting.
- 1 MNA coach who must be over 18 years of age and have some experience coaching kiteboarding.
For the sailors/coach selected to attend, the following costs will be covered: 50% of return economy travel to be refunded upon completion of performance clinic ( up to £300 GBP/person); all costs for airport transfers to and from training venue in host nation; accommodation for sailors and coach will be arranged at the Univela Campione for duration of the PDP program (6/22-26); all costs for food for all sailors and coaches.
If you are interested or know of someone who might be interested, contact BetsyAlison@ussailing.org. This event is 8 weeks away, so we need to select sailors and coaches soon. Please let us know your interest by May 15, if possible.