Thanks to a generous matching gift from the Tom and Stacey Siebel Foundation, The Siebel Sailors Program is deepening its focus and expanding its impact, with the goal of doubling the number of centers, regions, and coaches.
Applications are now open for sailing centers and coaches to get involved with this innovative program. They can be found on the US Sailing Website. It is anticipated that new Centers will come online in 2023. Center applications are due by April 1, 2022.
Centers seeking to apply must:
- Be open to the public
- Align with the Siebel Sailors Program mission of recruiting and retaining diverse youth across multiple age groups
- Be willing to do self-analysis on how welcoming said organization is to any group of people not currently represented in the participant base
- Align standards to US Sailing’s best practices for youth programming
50% of sailors in Siebel Programming must be youth who have historically been underrepresented in the sailing community.
At least 50% of sailors in the Siebel Programming must participate on a partial to full scholarship, in line with the Center’s scholarship guidelines for youth programming.
Alongside centers, the Siebel Sailors Program is seeking up to five new Siebel Regional Head Coaches and up to 10 Program Coaches.
Coaches are a catalyst for change who promote ideals such as skill development for all sailors, professional growth for coaches, and assessment of individual’s needs to build successful learning opportunities.
There are currently two applications available online. Positions will be posted on a rolling basis on the US Sailing careers page. Check back for more positions as they are added throughout the year.
- Center applications: https://form.jotform.com/220065065628150
- Siebel Coach career board: https://www.ussailing.org/about/our-people/careers/