Adding an event to your calendar
Calendar events are downloaded as a file that ends in .ics. The process of importing an event into your calendar depends on what kind of calendar you use, as well as your personal settings. Below are suggestions for some of the most common calendars:
First, click on the icon to download the event. You should be prompted to Open or Save the file. Look below for your calendar type for the next steps.
When prompted to Open or Save, click Open. This should open an Outlook appointment – to save it to your calendar, click the Save button.
When prompted to save the event to iCal, click OK.
When prompted to Open or Save, click Save, and indicate where to save the file. In your Google Calendar…
- Click the down-arrow next to Other calendars
- Select Import calendar
- Click Choose file and find the file that contains your events, then click Open.
- Select the Google Calendar where you'd like to import events, then click Import.
How to list My Events on my website
When adding events to the US Sailing Calendar, you can enter a value for "Host Member ID".
By entering a valid US Sailing Member ID in this field, it can now be listed with other similarly-identified events on their own calendar. This allows you to enter any number of events into the US Sailing Calendar, and then list them in their own calendar on your own personal or organization's website. Here's how to do it:
- For each event you want listed on your calendar (regardless of the type of event), enter the same Host Member ID when adding the event.
- On your website, paste in the following line of html, replacing the 123456A with your Host Member ID:
<iframe id="Iframe1" frameborder="0" height="850" width="805" scrolling="auto" src="https://www1.ussailing.org/Calendar/Pf.aspx?gid=200&mid=123456A"></iframe>