The importance of volunteers to our industry cannot be overestimated. Whether the individual acts as a volunteer administrator for an event or program, serves as an instructor or coach, serve manages the upkeep of facilities, or contributes his or her time in another way that positively impacts their organization, it’s important that we put forth our heartiest congratulations and recognition.
It is for that reason that the Volunteer of the Year Award was created to recognize those outstanding volunteers whose unselfish and dedicated service to community sailing has made a significant difference in their community and mirrors the commitment to success in our professional ranks.
The Volunteer of the Year Award recognizes an individual who has gone ‘above and beyond’ through their contributions without receiving any financial compensation.
To make a nomination for this Award, please visit: Nomination Link
Previous Award Recipients
- 2018 – Dennis Peck, Charlotte Harbor Community Sailing Center, Inc.
- 2017 – Joan Storkman, Gigi Harbor Jr. Sail Program
- 2016 – Dana Bolton, Lake Champlain Community Sailing Center
- 2015 – Diane Brancazio, Community Boating Inc.
- 2014 – Not Awarded
- 2013 – Stephanie Webb, Edison Sailing Center