Position: US Sailing Athlete Alternate Representative to the USOPC AAC
Hometown: San Diego, CA
Education: Brown University – BA: Business, Entrepreneurship, Organizations; University of San Diego – MS: Real Estate
- US Sailing – Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Task Force
- Athlete Advisory Council – United States Olympic & Paralympic Committee
- Brown University – Co-Vice President, Communications – Class of 2014
- Skippered a 49er (Men’s Doublehanded Olympic skiff) on the international Olympic sailing circuit.
- Five-year USST Member
- Finished 2nd at the 2016 Olympic Trials earning a spot as a training partner and alternate to the 2016 Olympics.
I got my first taste of sailing at the San Diego Yacht Club. As a youth, I was bitten by the sailing bug and proceeded to spend all my time around sailing, the ocean, and competition. I attended undergrad at Brown University sailing full time for the varsity team. Upon graduation, I was fortunate enough to try out a 49er. I was instantly hooked! I competed as a member of the US Sailing Team from 2015 to 2020, sailed in two Olympic trials and had the privilege of being the training partner in the lead up to the 2016 Rio Games.
After spending many years on the Olympic journey, I am honored to be a member of the US Sailing Board of Directors. I understand the hard work and dedication it requires to accomplish the Olympic dream. My goal is to help better align the athlete’s mission and vision with both USOPC and US Sailing. I understand the struggles of the Olympic athlete and will work effectively to communicate the athlete’s voice and enact any necessary changes to better allow the athletes to accomplish their Olympic dreams.
Contact Judge Ryan