It takes an incredible amount of resources to get our athletes around the globe. In 2019, we sent 18 containers full of equipment for American athletes to seven locations, spanning five continents. This winter, 35 U.S. athletes will be competing at 11 World Championships in Australia and New Zealand.
Upcoming World Championships:
- 2019 Nacra 17, 49er, and 49erFX World Championships – Auckland, NZL (November 29-December 8)
- 2019 Finn Gold Cup – Melbourne, AUS (December 13-21)
- 2020 Nacra 17, 49er, and 49erFX World Championships – Geelong, AUS (February 11-16)
- 2020 Men’s Laser Standard World Championships – Melbourne, AUS (February 9-16)
- 2020 Women’s Laser Radial World Championships – Melbourne, AUS (February 21-28)
- 2020 Men’s and Women’s RS:X World Championships (February 23-29)
The equipment the athletes will be using for these events will come from three continents by way of five containers and five cargo ships that were shared with our international training partners. For a glimpse into what it takes to get our athletes on the starting line of these World Championships, check out the infographic below.
After the season “Down Under” wraps up, all of the boats, RIBs, spare parts, tools and gear will be packed up and shipped to Japan, Europe, and the United States. To follow our athletes to the Worlds and everywhere else, follow the US Sailing Team on social media.
If you’d like to join the amazing group of people that make our athlete’s logistics possible, click the link below.