BRISTOL, RI (July 12, 2022) – US Sailing announces the posting of:
Athlete Selection Procedures, Paris 2024 Olympic Games
The 2024 Olympic Games will take place from July 26 – August 11, 2024. The Sailing events will be held in Marseille, France.
- Windsurfing (iQFOiL)
- Dinghy (ILCA 6, ILCA 7)
- Skiff (49er, 49er FX)
- Kite (Formula Kite)
- Mixed Multihull (Nacra 17)
- Mixed Dinghy (470)
Athlete Selection Procedures for the following events:
- 2023 Olympic Test Event | July 9-16, 2023 | Marseille, France
- 2023 Sailing World Championships | August 10-20, 2023 | The Hague, The Netherlands
- 2023 Pan American Games | October 20 – November 5, 2023 | Santiago, Chile
At both the Olympic and Pan American Games, in order for the U.S. to compete in each class, the U.S. must first qualify as a country in each class at key international class events. Full country qualification information can be found HERE for the 2024 Olympic Games and HERE for the 2023 Pan American Games.
Selection procedures for all four events have been prepared and approved by the International Selection Committee (ISC) of US Sailing. In addition, the Olympic Games and Pan Am Games documents were reviewed and approved by the United States Olympic and Paralympic Committee (USOPC).
“These selection procedures are the product of a lot of thoughtful work by many of America’s brightest Olympic Sailing minds, who form the International Selection Committee,” commented Paul Cayard, Executive Director of US Olympic Sailing. “We thank the committee for their service and dedication to US Sailing”
Information regarding Selection, including links to all selection documents, can be found at the US Sailing website under the “Olympics” tab: https://www.ussailing.org/olympics/selection/.
International Selection Committee Members:
- JJ Fetter | Chair of International Selection Committee, Olympian
- Judge Ryan | Alternate Athlete Advisory Representative to USOPC for Sailing
- Briana Provancha | US Sailing Director, Olympian
- Sarah Lihan | US Sailing Director, Olympian
- Luther Carpenter | Senior Coach, US Sailing Team
- Sally Barkow | Head of Operations, US Sailing Team, Olympian
- Joe Morris | former Athlete Advisory Representative, Olympian
- Thomas Barrows | Olympian
- Charlie McKee | US Sailing Team Coach, Olympian
- Leandro Spina | Director of Performance, US Sailing Team
- Paul Cayard | Executive Director US Olympic Sailing, Olympian