International 420, iQFoil, and Formula Kite Events will be Selected by Resume
BRISTOL, R.I. (August 27, 2021) – US Sailing announces important updates to the Athlete Selection Process for the 2021 Youth Sailing World Championships, hosted in Al-Mussanah, Oman on December 11-18.
The US Sailing selection process has been updated to a resume selection for the International 420, iQFoil, and Formula Kite events. Applying youth sailors, ages 13 to 18, have until September 1, 2021 to submit their resumes for consideration.
The USA qualification events to the Youth Worlds will be conducted with the equipment (sailboat classes) listed below.
• Boy’s One Person Dinghy – International Laser Class Association – Radial (ILCA 6)
• Girl’s One Person Dinghy – International Laser Class Association – Radial (ILCA 6)
• Mixed or Boys’ Two Person Dinghy – i420
• Girls’ Two Person Dinghy – i420
• Boys’ Skiff – 29er
• Girls’ Skiff – 29er
• Mixed Multihull – Nacra15
• Boy’s Windsurfer – iQFoil*
• Girl’s Windsurfer — iQFoil*
• Kites – Formula Kite
*Note: The Windsurfer equipment for the 2021 Youth Worlds will be the Bic Techno 293+, however, the intention of the International Selection Committee (ISC) is to use iQFoil results for the US athlete selection.
For questions pertaining to US Sailing’s selection process for the 2021 Youth Sailing World Championships, contact US Sailing at email@example.com.