AL-MUSSANAH, OMAN (December 1, 2021) – The USA is competing in its second of three major events hosted in Oman. The ILCA Radial World Championship begins December 1 with 64 female athletes representing 30 countries.
Racing for the US Radial Squad:
- Christina Sakellaris (Milton, Mass.)
- Hallie Schiffman (Sarasota, Fla.)
- Lilly Myers (Sarasota, Fla.)
Coached by USA Gold Medalist Anna Tunnicliffe, the three Radial athletes have been committed to training as a squad domestically. “Traveling always presents its challenges, and even though we’re in a completely different part of the world, our routine is still the same and we’re ready to compete,” said Schiffman.
“It’s a great opportunity to get back on the international scene,” said Tunnicliffe. “It’s been over two years since they’ve raced against this fleet, they’re sailing fast so we’re looking forward to the competition.”
- Monday, November 29 – Tuesday, November 30: Registration, Measurement, Practice, Opening Ceremonies
- Wednesday, December 1 – Friday, December 3: Qualifying series (2 back-to-back races each day)
- Saturday, December 4 – Monday, December 6: Finals series (2 back-to-back races each day) followed by awards
Special thank you to Quantum Racing for supporting the US Sailing Team Olympic Development Program (ODP), and to AmericaOne for believing in the ODP vision from the beginning and pushing the mission forward.
To follow the racing, stay tuned to the US Sailing Team social media channels and bookmark the links below:
Results: Link to come
US Sailing Team Facebook: www.facebook.com/ussailingteam
US Sailing Team Instagram: www.instagram.com/ussailingteam
Oman Sail Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/omansail/
Laser Class Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/laserclass/