BRISTOL, R.I. (April 16, 2021) – The selection procedures for 2021 Youth Sailing World Championships are officially solidified. US Sailing is hopeful that a Youth Worlds will be organized in December this year and in anticipation of an announcement confirming this we are issuing the following procedure.
The USA qualification events to the 2021 Youth Sailing World Championships will be conducted with the following equipment:
- Boy’s One Person Dinghy – International Laser Class Association – Radial – (ILCA 6)
- Girl’s One Person Dinghy – International Laser Class Association – Radial – (ILCA 6)
- Boys’ Two Person Dinghy – i420
- Girls’ Two Person Dinghy – i420
- Boys’ Skiff – 29er
- Girls’ Skiff – 29er
- Mixed Multihull – Nacra15
- Boy’s Windsurfer – iQFoil*
- Girl’s Windsurfer — iQFoil*
*It is anticipated that the Windsurfer equipment at the 2021 Youth Worlds may not be the iQFoil, however, the intention of the International Selection Committee (ISC) is to use iQFoil results for the US athlete selection.
For more information and questions please contact US Sailing at email@example.com.