The Bemis Sportsmanship Trophy is dedicated to the doublehanded junior national championships.
The Inter-Lake Yachtsmen’s Fund, the charitable arm of US Sailing’s Area E RSA Inter-Lake Yachting Association donated this new trophy in 2003 to recognize outstanding sportsmanship among Junior doublehanded competitors.
In the past a single sportsmanship trophy, the Gardner-Cox Trophy, was awarded for three Junior Championships, even though the three events were often sailed at two different venues. Now each of the Junior Championships has its own sportsmanship award.
Previous Award Recipients
Bemis Sportsmanship Trophy
- 2019 – Nathan and Michael Bowen – Augusta Sailing Club
- 2018- Ian Reimel, Zoe Hoctor – North Cape Yacht Club/Hoover Sailing Club
- 2017 – Ansgar Jordan, Patrick Mulcahy – Coronado Yacht Club/California Yacht Club
- 2016 – Noble Reynoso – San Francisco Yacht Club
- 2015 – Dana Haig, Zach Zeelander – Barnegat Light Yacht Club
- 2014 – Michael Masterandrea – Rochester Yacht Club
- 2013 – Charlie Lomax, Evan Morgan – Annapolis Yacht Club
- 2012 – Nathan Allman, Zachary Kaan – Kaneohe Yacht Club
- 2011 – William and Abby Godfrey – Beverly Yacht Club
- 2010 – James Schaefer, Jason Raymond – Cedar Point Yacht Club
- 2009 – Stewart Draheim, Ellie Nielsen, Rockwall, TX
- 2008 – Henry Blanchette, Aimee Kelleher (tie) Marion, MA
- 2007 – Brendan Kopp, Michael Costello (tie), Fairfield, CT
- 2006 – Paige Conlin, Bellport, NY
- 2005 – Carolyn Prioleau, Houston, TX
- 2004 – Nick Thurber, LaSalle, MI
- 2003 – Peter Fallon, Falmouth, MA