Tokyo 2020 Olympic Team Member
Stephanie grew up in Wisconsin sailing scows and dinghies on Lake Beulah starting at age 5. She fell in love with sailing and competing while in the Optimist class. After a successful junior sailing career, Stephanie attended Old Dominion University where she received two All-American sailing honors, was the team captain and earned a degree in Finance. She was one of the few women competing as a skipper in the open division.
After graduating in 2011, Stephanie focused on her career as a professional sailor in the Melges 20, J70 and Etchells classes. She has played several roles as a teammate, including bow, tactician, strategist, and helm in multiple classes and disciplines of sailing. Stephanie has achieved many accolades including one World Championship, five National Championships and multiple podium finishes at World, National and Continental Championships.
One of the highlights of her career so far is earning the 2014 US Sailing Rolex Yachtswoman of Year, the highest award in American sailing. Stephanie was a finalist for this award for the following 3 years.
Roble and Shea have been on the 49erFX campaign trail together since fall of 2016. Their 49erFX highlights include finishing 5th at the 2018 European Championships, 3rd at the World Cup Series Genoa and 3rd at the 2020 49erFX World Championship. Stephanie and Maggie won the US Olympic Trials in February 2020, and represented the USA at the Tokyo 2020 Olympics in 2021, finishing 11th.
Hometown: East Troy, WI
Lives In: Miami, FL
Education: Old Dominion University, 2011
Club: Kilroy Realty, Lake Beulah Yacht Club, Chicago Yacht Club
- 2nd, 49erFX, Pan American Games Lima 2019 (Paracas, PER), 2019
- 3rd, 49erFX, Hempel World Cup Series Genoa (Genoa, ITA), 2019
- 4th, 49erFX, ASAF Cup – Enoshima Olympic Week (Enoshima, JPN), 2017
- 3rd, 49erFX, 2018 Aarhus Sailing World Championship Test Event (Aarhus, DEN), 2017
- 2nd, DS37, Lysekil Women’s Match 2015 (Lyskiel, SWE), 2016
- 3rd, Match 28, ISAF Women’s Match Racing World Championship (Middelfart, DEN), 2015
- 2nd, DS37, Lysekil Women’s Match 2015 (Lyskiel, SWE), 2015
- 1st, US Women’s Match Race Championship (Oyster Bay, USA), 2014
- 1st, Etchells, Etchells World Championship (Newport, USA), 2014
- 3rd, J/80, ISAF Women’s Match Racing World Championship (Cork, IRL), 2014
- US Sailing Rolex Yachtswoman of the Year (2014)
- Two-Time Collegiate Women’s All-American Skipper (2011, 2010)
- Most Valuable Player Old Dominion University Sailing Team (2011, 2010, 2009)