- Hold a current US Sailing Coastal Passage Making Instructor Certification and have taught, US Sailing Coastal Passage Making course(s) for a minimum of 12 days.
- Pass the US Sailing Celestial Navigation Student test with a score of 90%+ or have a U.S. Coast Guard Celestial Navigation endorsement on your U.S. Coast Guard license.
- Pass the Offshore Passage Making Student Written Exam with a grade of 90% or better.
- Provide recommendations:
- From your current employer and
- From both of your Coastal Passage Making Instructor Trainers or
- From two recognized sailing authorities.
- Document an unbroken ocean passage of more than 700 miles as skipper or mate. Acceptable documentation is either a copy of the vessel’s log or a letter from the vessel’s skipper/owner stating your position and responsibilities. Vessel name, and documentation number, dates and ports of departure and arrival should be included.
- Provide documentation of your current CPR, First Aid, and U.S. Coast Guard License.
- Provide a sailing resume
- Prepare a Passage Plan for a route assigned to you the Adult Program Operations Manager.
The Passage Plan should include, but is not limited to, the following topics:
|Repairs & Maintenance||Heavy Weather Tactics|
|Provisioning & Menu Planning||Crew Management & Health Care|
Click here for an application.