US Sailing Application
- Initial applications for certification as a World Sailing international race official require approval of the appropriate US Sailing committee (Classifiers, Judges, Race Officers or Umpires) and the endorsement of the US Sailing Board of Directors.
- Consult with the chair of the appropriate committee and see specific requirements on each discipline’s web page.
- Applicants are responsible for submission of their own application to World Sailing.
- For more information, please see the World Sailing website.
US Sailing Application Timetable
- June 1 – complete application, with all supporting materials, due to US Sailing Race Administration Office
- June - early July – committees consider applications
- mid July – Race Administration forwards approved candidates’ files to Board of Directors
- late July – Board of Directors considers applications
- September 1 – individual applications and US Sailing Endorsement due to World Sailing