Registering for Race Official Seminars
- As a US Sailing member, you can enroll in Race Administration seminars. Members also receive:
- $20 million in liability coverage with a current race official certification
- Free access to the mobile Racing Rules of Sailing app and substantial discounts from top retailers
- Members make this and all programming possible. Thank you for supporting our sport!
- Seminars are offered both in-person (when it is safe to do so) and online. Both versions meet the seminar requirement for certification.
- US Sailing offers a discounted Special Introductory Membership before you register for a course.
- If you have a family membership, please be sure that each family member uses his or her unique Member ID to register for seminars.
- If you have any difficulty with this process, please email Membership Engagement or call 1-800-877-2451 for assistance.
US Sailing charges $38 per participant for materials and administration. An separate fee may be added by the host to cover other items such as meals at in-person seminars.
- Up to 5 days before seminar – full refund after seminar concludes
- Fewer than 5 days before seminar – full credit toward a future seminar
- No-shows – sorry, we cannot refund seminar fees
Optional Seminar Materials are offered for purchase when registering for a seminar. They will be delivered to your shipping address before the seminar. Other related items are also available from the US Sailing Web Store.
Race Official Publications
The Race Management Handbook, the Judges Manual and The Appeals and Cases Book are available as free PDF downloads from Race Officials Publications.
Testing is administered online for all seminars. Participants will receive access to the test during the seminar. Testing is open for a period - typically four weeks - after the conclusion of the seminar.