The Outstanding Community Sailing Program Award is given annually to a program that has made notable contributions to promote public access sailing. Both seasonal and year round programs are eligible, and staff may consist of either volunteers or paid employees.
Additionally, programs of all sizes and programmatic focus will be considered. A nomination for this award should focus on how an organization has, during the previous twelve months, demonstrated noticeable grown in their membership, programming offerings (including any newly developed, or expanded partnerships) or community involvement/awareness. Details regarding the most outstanding courses/programs that an organization offers should also be included.
To make a nomination for this Award, please visit: Nomination Link
Previous Award Recipients
- 2016 – Mission Bay Awuatic Center, San Diego, CA
- 2015 – Hudson River Community Sailing, New York, NY
- 2014 – Traverse Area Community Sailing, Traverse City, MI
- 2013 – New England Science & Sailing, Stonington, CT
- 2012 – Downtown Sailing Center, Baltimore, MD