US Sailing Presents the New Clever Pig
PORTSMOUTH, R.I. (July 29, 2014) – US Sailing has launched a brand new Clever Pig! This website was designed specifically for aspiring youth and young adults who want to take their competitive sailing careers to the next level. This revamped version of cleverpig.org has incorporated a new design and layout, with updated resourceful and dynamic content, and a revised structure of the best features from the original website.
Clever Pig provides youth sailors with the information required to manage a successful campaign. This program empowers sailors to organize their own campaigns by utilizing Clever Pig’s resources to all sailors at no cost. Clever Pig provides the necessary guidance and direction for sailors at every step of the campaign process. Whatever your level, whatever your goals, Clever Pig has something for all competitive sailors. Here are some of Clever Pig’s best features:
- Campaign 101: Defining a successful campaign, how to get started, setting expectations, and an archive of racing training tips from Dave Dellenbaugh.
- News and Articles: Feature stories, articles, and video highlights and interviews, including coverage of the US Sailing Team Sperry Top-Sider and US Sailing Development Team.
- Coach Finder: Search our database of the country’s best coaches to find the right one for your class and location.
- Class Database: Information about Olympic classes and all the most competitive racing classes today.
- Grants and Foundations: Information on campaign financing and applying for grants.
- Archived Resources: There are many great resources out there for sailors. Clever Pig is collecting these for your convenience.
There are more features in development that US Sailing is excited to publish in the near future:
- Crew Finder: Find a teammate through our new database.
- Venue Finder: Information about racing venues from coast to coast.
In 2007, The Southport Sailing Foundation developed the original Clever Pig to help sailors better organize their sailing campaigns. US Sailing, along with the Southport Sailing Foundation, Chicago Match Race Center, Sailing Foundation of New York, Junior Sailing Association of Long Island Sound, and California International Sailing Association (CISA), has pulled together an effective list of services and programs to enhance the website for users.
“I’m psyched to bring this newly designed website and fresh content to our dedicated Clever Pig community and also to sailors who are using this resource for the first time,” said Chris Love, Editor of Clever Pig. Love is also the producer and host of College Sailing’s Chalk Talk.
Visit the new Clever Pig website at cleverpig.org.
For Immediate Release
Contact: Jake Fish, US Sailing Communications Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org, 401.683.0800 x614
About US Sailing
The United States Sailing Association (US Sailing), the national governing body for sailing, provides leadership, integrity, and growth for the sport in the United States. Founded in 1897 and headquartered in Portsmouth, Rhode Island, US Sailing is a 501(c) (3) non-profit organization. US Sailing offers training and education programs for instructors and race officials, supports a wide range of sailing organizations and communities, issues offshore rating certificates, and provides administration and oversight of competitive sailing across the country, including National Championships and the US Sailing Team Sperry Top-Sider. For more information, please visit www.ussailing.org.