Tokyo 2020 Olympic Team Member
Riley Gibbs was raised in Long Beach, California. Since learning how to sail at age four, Riley has developed an impressive resumé of success in a variety of fleets. He won his first regatta in 2010 at the Junior Sabot Nationals and has since placed in the top five at the three different World Championships: 29er, Formula Kite, and Nacra 17. He is also the youngest skipper to win the 505 North Americans, a feat he achieved in 2016.
In recent years, Riley has shifted his focus to multihull and foiling classes. He competed at the Red Bull Foiling Generation World Finals in 2016, has served as the wing trimmer for the USA SailGP team, and will represent Team USA at the Tokyo 2020 Olympics in the Nacra 17 class.
Date of Birth: 11-03-96
Hometown: Long Beach, CA
Lives In: Long Beach, CA
Education: Orange Coast College
Club: Alamitos Bay Yacht Club & St. Francis Yacht Club
- 1st, Nacra 17, Pan American Games Lima 2019 (Paracas, PER), 2019
- 4th, Nacra 17, 2018 World Cup Series Final – Marseille (Marseille, FRA), 2018
- 4th, IKA-Formula Kite, Formula Kite World Championships (Muscat, OMA), 2017
- 1st, Nacra 17, Oakcliff Sailing Triple Crown #3 (Oyster Bay, NY), 2017
- 1st, 505, North American Championship, 2016
- 2nd, 29er, ISAF Youth World Championship, 2014
- 1st, Sabot, Junior Sabot Nationals, 2010