*Tokyo 2020 Olympic Team Member
Farrah is a life-long athlete with a resume of youth competition in swimming, running, and triathlon, and is currently a competitor in the RS:X Olympic windsurfing discipline. As a college student, she was introduced to windsurfing by two-time Olympic medalist Mike Gebhardt and was instantly hooked on the sport.
Farrah comes from a non-sailing family but grew up near the water in the outskirts of Annapolis, where she taught herself to windsurf at age 16. After graduating high school, she learned how to teach beginner windsurfing lessons working for a shop on Martha’s Vineyard. During college at St. Mary’s College of Maryland she started a windsurfing club, sourcing donations for the equipment and teaching all students who wanted to learn.
Farrah has campaigned in four Olympic quadrenniums (2008-2020) and competed at the London 2012 Olympic Games for Team USA. Tokyo 2020 is her second Olympic Games appearance.
Date of Birth: 11-01-81
Hometown: Annapolis, MD
Lives In: Annapolis, MD
Education: St. Mary's College of Maryland (2003)
Club: Aloha Attitude, Brest, France
- 4th, RS:X, RS:X North American Championships (Miami, USA), 2019
- 2nd, RS:X, RS:X North American Championships (Puerto Cancun, MEX), 2018
- 1st, RS:X, Semaine Olympique Francaise (La Rochelle, FRA), 2015
- 20th, RS:X, London 2012 Olympic Sailing Competition (Weymouth & Portland, GBR), 2012
- 3rd, RS:X, Pan American Games (Guadalajara, MEX), 2011
- 2nd, RS:X, Sailing World Cup Miami (Miami, USA), 2012
- 3rd, Formula Windsurfing, Formula Windsurfing World Championship (Mendoza, ARG), 2010