Position: Director – Sailor Athlete
Hometown: New York City, NY
- MLB Advanced Media SVP, New Media
- Hot Potato, Founder/CEO
- Facebook, Product Groups, Video
- Public Partners, Managing Partner
- 11th Hour Racing Team, Special Projects
- Director, Robot Heart Foundation
- Offshore pro sailing in a variety of classes for the past 4 years.
- Have competed internationally inshore and offshore in Pac/TP52, Maxi72, Volvo 70, Super maxis
- Newport-Bermuda, Sydney-Hobart, Fastnet, Caribbean 600, Transpac, PV, etc. Have completed most major Bluewater regattas worldwide as a navigator and sailor.
- Participated in design, build, and sailing of the new 11th Hour IMOCA 60 from inception.
- 10000+ miles of IMOCA sailing in past two years with 11th Hour Racing Team. -Design development and sailing of F4 Foiling Catamaran
I grew up racing and sailing in the New England area. I have been sailing competitively for most of my life and have built up experience in a variety of classes including dinghies, one-design, and larger inshore and offshore mono and multihulls. The professional focus for the past four years has been on navigation, systems, and the opportunity to take advantage of my deep background in technology and apply it to racing. Sailing-related interests include naval architecture, CFD, navigation, meteorology, data analysis and systems design, materials science, behavioral psychology, and performance optimization. The combination of this passion for the sport with 20 years of building technology and media business represents unique perspective that I’m happy to bring to US Sailing and the board.
Contact Justin Shaffer