US Sailing Releases NOR and Application Process Details for 2018 U.S. Youth Sailing Championship
Host, Location, Dates
Carolina Yacht Club
Wrightsville Beach, NC
June 23-27, 2018
Important Information about the 2018 U.S. Youth Sailing Championship
- The selection and entry process has been updated and simplified. Interested sailors should review the process and frequently asked questions on the Event Website for updated information and timelines. The Notice of Race is also posted on the event website.
- Sailors who have earned Early Acceptance by qualifying at our designated Early Acceptance regattas can register without submitting an application starting March 1, 2018. Sailors who do not qualify through Early Acceptance are required to submit an application by April 15. There is no longer an application fee.
- This Championship will serve as the final tune-up regatta for the Youth Worlds Team prior to the 2018 Youth World Sailing Championships, hosted by Corpus Christi Yacht Club on July 14-21.
- Doublehanded Dinghy – I 420
- Skiff – 29er
- Multihull – Nacra 15
- Singlehanded Dinghy – Laser Radial
- Singlehanded Dinghy – Laser
- Windsurfer – Techno 293 Plus
About the U.S. Youth Sailing Championships
The U.S. Youth Sailing Championships is the pinnacle event for youth sailing in the United States. Annually, this US Sailing National Championship welcomes the top competitive U.S. youth sailors under 20, both young women and men, in multiple classes to race over four days.
As with all US Sailing Junior and Youth National Championships, competitors will receive world-class event management and support. The 2018 U.S. Youth Championships will be run by a team of experienced judges, coaches and race officers who will provide high quality racing for America’s top youth talent. Since the first edition of the Youth Champs in 1973, the regatta has served as a transformative step for young sailors who aspire to reach the highest levels of sailing. U.S. Youth Championship participants fill the rosters of successful college sailing programs and routinely achieve All-American status. The Youth Champs is also part of the pathway for ambitious athletes who hope to earn a place on the US Sailing Team, and ultimately at the Olympic Games.
The 2018 U.S. Youth Sailing Championships is sponsored by Gill North America and Hobie Sunglasses.
US Sailing Contact: Jake Fish, US Sailing Communications Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
About US Sailing
The United States Sailing Association (US Sailing), the National Governing Body for sailing, provides leadership, integrity, and advancement for the sport in the United States. Founded in 1897 and headquartered in Bristol, Rhode Island, US Sailing is a 501(c) (3) non-profit organization. US Sailing offers training and education programs for instructors and race officials, supports a wide range of sailing organizations and communities, issues offshore rating certificates, and provides administration and oversight of competitive sailing across the country, including National Championships and the US Sailing Team. For more information, please visit www.ussailing.org.