Executive Committee Minutes
October 19, 2003
Annual General Meeting in St. Louis, MO
1. President Dave Rosekrans called the meeting to
order at 7:00 A.M.
2. Members present were: Janet Baxter, Ruth
Creighton, Don Durant, Louise Gleason, Fred Hagedorn, Dick Hanneman, Tom
Hubbell, Stephen Jeffries, Jim Muldoon, Joni Palmer, Dave Rosekrans, Bill
Ross. Also present were Nick Craw, Hortensia Hacker and incoming Inshore
chairperson Patty Lawrence. Absent were Paul Callahan, Jim Capron, Bruce
Eissner and Bill Munster.
3. The minutes of the Oct. 15, 2003 Executive
Committee were approved as corrected.
4. Dave Rosekrans moved that the following
committee members be continued beyond their normal terms: Jim Muldoon,
training; Denise MacGillivray, Rolex Women's Keelboat; Betsy Altman, Hinman;
Bruce Eissner, Offshore; Darlene Hobock, Portsmouth Numbers; Bill Waggoner,
Sports Medicine; Ted Everingham, Judges; and Dean Cady, Sportsmanship. The
motion was seconded and carried.
5. Jim Muldoon announced that both the Board of
Directors and the Executive Committee meet the requirements for athlete
representation as required by the Ted Stevens Sports Act.
6. A motion to approve the recommendation of Dave
Brennan for International Race Officer as recommended by the Race Management
Committee, was made, seconded and carried.
7. After a discussion on Youth dues, a motion to
support the amendment that set new Youth dues at $20 for Individuals and $16
for Golden Anchor, was made, seconded and carried. Ruth Creighton will
present the amended resolution at the Board of Directors meeting to follow.
8. Jim Muldoon announced that St. Mary's College
in Maryland and the Lake Forest (IL) Sailing Center had been approved as US
SAILING Certified Training Centers.
The Meeting adjourned at 8:35 a.m.
Dick Hanneman, Secretary