FORT WORTH, Texas (September 26, 2014) – Racing just wasn’t meant to be on Friday at the U.S. Adult Championship, hosted by Fort Worth Boat Club. The J/22 fleet and race committee waited for breeze on Eagle Mountain Lake for over four hours. The decision to postpone until Saturday came at around 5:20 pm CDT. One more race is required to constitute an official championship, so the race committee will continue to make every effort to get in racing for Saturday. Results & Standings
Listen to these interviews from Friday morning:
Check out Saturday’s social media coverage:
— US Sailing (@ussailing) September 26, 2014
Media & Coverage
• For results, standings, photos, Twitter updates, and more information on the 2014 U.S. Adult Championship, please visit the event website.
• For breaking news and race results, follow us on Twitter @USSailing. Use Twitter hashtag – #USAdultChamps14 – to participate in the conversation throughout the championship.
Schedule & Race Course
• First warning is scheduled for 10 am Saturday.
• On Saturday, no races will be started after 6 pm.
• Racing area will be on Eagle Mountain Lake.
• Courses will be Windward-Leeward.
• Teams are competing in a J/22 round robin format with a minimum of three crew including the helmsperson.
• Ten races are scheduled.
• Three completed races will constitute a series.
Prizes on the Line
• US Sailing medals will be awarded to the first, second and third place competitors.
• The winning team will be presented the Clifford D. Mallory Trophy.
• The Royal Victoria Trophy is awarded for excellence in Seamanship.
• The Staton J. Peele, Jr. Trophy voted upon by the sailors is awarded for Sportsmanship.
The U.S. Adult Sailing Championship is sponsored by Gill North America and Old Pulteney and supported by the Clifford D. Mallory family. This US Sailing National Championship is a Sailors for the Sea – Clean Regattas certified event.
US Sailing Media Contact: Jake Fish
*Photo credit to Sue Bodycomb.
About US Sailing
The United States Sailing Association (US Sailing), the national governing body for sailing, provides leadership, integrity, and growth for the sport in the United States. Founded in 1897 and headquartered in Portsmouth, Rhode Island, US Sailing is a 501(c) (3) non-profit organization. US Sailing offers training and education programs for instructors and race officials, supports a wide range of sailing organizations and communities, issues offshore rating certificates, and provides administration and oversight of competitive sailing across the country, including National Championships and the US Sailing Team Sperry Top-Sider. For more information, please visit www.ussailing.org.
About Gill North America
Gill NA, with headquarters near Atlanta, GA is the exclusive importer and distributor of Gill-brand foul weather gear in North America including Caribbean, US and Canada. Gill is a worldwide apparel and accessories brand serving the marine industry with over three decades of experience. Gill specializes in high tech, breathable waterproof clothing. The company develops and markets a variety of performance-oriented, award-winning apparel and accessories for virtually every type of boating activity with product lines that include foul weather gear; interactive layering systems; footwear; gloves; bags; junior gear; scholastic gear and team wear. Gill products are available through hundreds of independent dealers and select West Marine Stores. For further information, please contact: Gary Barker at 941-505-2111 or email@example.com.
About Old Pulteney
Old Pulteney Single Malt Scotch Whisky is strongly rooted in the whisky’s nautical heritage and is commonly referred to as ‘The Maritime Malt.’ Old Pulteney is the Official Scotch of US Sailing and recently released a limited-edition ‘Navigator’ expression, commemorating the brand’s sponsorship of the 2013-2014 Clipper Round the World Yacht Race. Crafted in Pulteney Distillery in Wick, Scotland, the distillery was founded in 1826 by James Henderson in the heart of “Pulteneytown,” one of the largest fishing ports in Europe. Each Old Pulteney expression is carefully crafted and carries the windswept and rugged character of the North and the salty, fresh air of the North Sea. It is distributed by International Beverage, Inc. Visit Old Pulteney on Facebook or at www.oldpulteney.com for more information.