: Arlington, Virginia and Annapolis, Maryland
: University of NC at Chapel Hill, BA International Economics, University of London (Year Abroad), Georgetown University CFP®
As an avid lifetime sailor, Taran started sailing as a junior sailor and later attended Camp Seafarer / Sea Gull in North Carolina working up to instructor level. She has campaigned her Albacore, C&C 34, J 27, B 32, Viper 830 and Farr 30. Most recently she has been involved with US Sailing and has served on the Race Management Committee, chaired the ARO Working Group and the International Women’s Keelboat Championship Committee. Certifications include National Race Officer, US Judge and Race Management Instructor.
Taran spent her career in the financial industry, of which 15 years she specialized in the finance and management of non-profit organizations.
Sailing related activities:
- Junior Racing Instructor
- Annapolis Yacht Club Race and Protest Committees
- Annapolis Yacht Club Membership Committee Chair
- Annapolis Yacht Club Finance Committee
- CBYRA – Board
- Op-Sail Baltimore – Board
- St. Mary’s College Boat Donation Board
- Naval Academy Sailing Squadron Race and Protest Committees
- Premiere Racing Race Committee
- Rolex International Women’s Keelboat Regatta Chair, Deputy PRO, IWKC Chair