Experience and Racing Highlights
- Two-time Women’s 470 Olympic Medalist – Bronze in 1992 with Pamela Healy; Silver in 2000 with Pease Glaser
- Women’s 470 World Champion with Pamela Healy in ’91, Won US Sailing’s Rolex Women’s International Keelboat Championship in ’87
- US Sailing Rolex Yachtswoman of the Year (’88, ’91, ’97 and ’00)
- Tactician and Starting Helmsman for America3 Women’s team that competed in the ’95 America’s Cup Defender Series
- Collegiate All-American in ’85
Sailing Related Activities
- Former high school sailing coach
- Co-author of Sailing for Dummies
- Board Member, California Int’l Sailing Association – Promoting youth sailing on the west coast
- Board Member and staff for SEA San Diego – Bringing high-profile sailing events like the RC44s and AC45s to the San Diego waterfront
- Currently working on a permanent sailing exhibit at the local San Diego Sports Museum
- Racing my E-22 locally and attempting to jibe my foiling Moth without capsizing
Mother of two daughters, the eldest daughter is sailing for Yale.
Words from the Director
Sailing has brought so much to my life – friends, travel and competitive success. The dedicated volunteers and staff at US Sailing have been instrumental by providing fair rules and race management, running top-level championships and training great coaches.
I appreciate how US Sailing supports every facet of our sport from the Olympic team to entry-level community boating programs. US Sailing is providing leadership in environmental concerns and is broadening and growing our sport. I’m honored by this nomination to serve such a great organization and give back to the sport I love.