Hometown: Brick, NJ
Education: Rutgers University, Farleigh Dickenson University
Jim is passionate about sailing, racing, race management, and giving back to the sport which has brought him so much pleasure. Jim is currently employed by the Cedar Grove Board of Education where he serves as the K-12 Educational Information Technology Director. He is also a consultant for K-12 Public schools. Jim serves as a volunteer in the following local and national positions:
- US Sailing Board of Directors (6 years)
- Friends of Belmar Community Sailing Board of Directors (2 years)
- Manasquan River Yacht Club past trustee (6 years) and junior sailing chair (3 years)
- PHRF Mid Atlantic President (Past president 6 years), Currently Treasurer (4 years)
- US PHRF Committee Secretary
- BBYRA, NJYRA & MAYR Appeals Committee Member (8 years)
- US Sailing National Judge, Regional Race Officer, US Sailing Area C Race officer, Race Management & Club Judge instructor
- Member of PHRF-MA and PHRF-US committees (17 years)
- Past Chair US Sailing House of Delegates (3 years)
- Past Chair US Sailing Competition Division (3 years)
A long time sailor, Jim grew up sailing on Barnegat Bay and Block Island. He is a six time winner of the New Jersey Offshore Racing Championships. He regularly travels to serve as Principal Race Officer, or Judge, for US national and regional events. He has taught racing rules, race management and judge seminars throughout the US. In his spare time, Jim competes in triathlons and is a four time Ironman finisher. He currently resides in Brick, NJ with his wife Lara.
Words from the Director
US Sailing must continue to streamline the organization and make it easier for sailors to have a stronger voice within the organization. For US Sailing to grow, we must promote safe, fair, and fun sailing. We must stay connected with and increase our support to our grassroots sailors while also supporting our high performance and Olympic sailors. As a board member, I will continue to work to achieve these goals.