Residence: Rochester, NY and Jamestown, RI
Education: University of Pennsylvania, BA; George Washington University, MBA.
- 25 years experience working in Real Estate Management overseeing operations of multi-family properties in upstate NY.
- Cory’s sailing experience has ranged from dinghies, match racing to one design keelboats competing at the highest level to enjoying local club racing.
- Sailing is a family activity with her husband, Mark and two college sailing children, Katja and Nick currently enjoying racing in the Lightning class.
- US Olympic Team 1988
- Member of US Sailing Team- 3 Olympic campaigns for ’88, ’92 and ’04.
- Two-time Rolex Yachtswoman of the Year ‘95, ‘01.
- International Sailing Federation- 1995-present, currently serve as a US representative on the Council (Board of Directors) and chair of the Youth Sailing World Championship Committee.
- US Sailing Instructor Trainer, Coach
Words from Cory Sertl
“I am passionate about getting young people involved in the sport at all levels. US Sailing has the opportunity to strengthen support of the sport at all levels continuing to strive for excellence and delivering quality programs. Partnering with the many organizations that support development is key to sustain a solid base and develop lifelong sailors.”