Donate and Volunteer to Help Others / Find Help for Your Organization
The hurricane season has been devastating to many communities in the United States and Caribbean. Like all marine-related organizations, we are watching closely and on high alert as life threatening conditions persist. Our thoughts and prayers are with those affected by these recent catastrophic hurricanes and flood conditions.
While each individual organization’s capabilities are limited, we are all bound to make a contribution and aid our fellow sailors and everyone living in these coastal communities. We ask you to consider making a donation to one of the following charities in support of storm relief and rebuilding.
Donate and Volunteer:
- Florida Disaster Fund
- Greater Houston Community Foundation: Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund
- Rebuild Texas Fund
- Community Foundation of the Virgin Islands: USVI Recovery
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society: Hurricane Relief
The affected communities not only need financial support, but they need volunteers as well.
Sailing Industry Support for Your Organization:
US Sailing is in the process of reaching out to our marine industry partners to collect the share with you their special deals and discounts to help sailors and sailing organizations get back on their feet and begin the recovery and rebuilding process. Please check back periodically for updated resources.
- Ronstan is willing to consider making donations of hardware and cordage to affected sailing organizations. Please contact Ronstan by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to share your situation and describe how you need help.
- Marlow Ropes is willing to work with affected sailing organizations to help them get back up to speed on their rope and line needs. Please email Marlow Ropes at email@example.com.
National Organizations Offering Assistance:
Storm Center and Preparedness:
Our partners at Gowrie Group offer an interactive Severe Storm Center containing a comprehensive library of digital resources to help you and your sailing organizations plan, prepare, and recover from severe storms. In Gowrie Group’s Hurricane Storm Center you will find helpful information:
- Live Storm Tracking from NOAA and NHC
- BoatUS: Hurricane Tracking and Resource Center
- American Red Cross: Hurricane Safety and Recovery
- US Department of Defense: National Preparedness
- Hurricane Response Plan Template for Sailing Organization
- Guidelines for preparing your yacht club or marine business for hurricanes
- Tips for preparing your boats, homes, and businesses for severe weather
- Gowrie Group’s Flood Smart Center
*These resources will be updated daily as we learn more about assistance and recovery efforts.