Responsibilities of a JO Host
The JO Event Organizer agrees to:
- Include three elements in your event goals:
- outstanding competition
- education & sportsmanship
- Incorporate an Olympic atmosphere – opening flag ceremony, torch run, awards podium.
- Create an event that is open to all youth sailors and insure that every participant is a member of US Sailing. Ensure that the host club is a member of US Sailing.
- Promote participation – set a participation goal and pledge to grow the event.
- Use the Junior Olympic name and logo in compliance with US Sailing and USOC regulations.
- Appoint kid-friendly, US Sailing certified race officials.
- Purchase JO merchandise only from authorized JO vendors.
- Display US Sailing and designated sponsor signage throughout the event.
- Create a learning environment and involve the visiting coaches.
- Promote safety on and off the water.
- Develop a JO event webpage and post results promptly.
US Sailing agrees to:
- Provide national promotion.
- Develop unique Junior Olympic merchandise. License several reputable merchandise vendors.
- Provide Junior Olympic medals for each class or division, gold, silver and bronze medals for both skippers and crews.
- Provide lots of sponsor giveaways and prizes for event participants.
- Provide resources on the web to help make your better.
- Provide prompt answers to all your questions.