U.S. Match Racing Championship
San Diego Yacht Club
San Diego, CA
October 7 -9, 2016
for the Prince of Wales Bowl
- All competitors shall be members of US Sailing and of a sailing organization that is a US Sailing member
- Competitors from other countries shall either be members of US Sailing or be members of their National Authority.
- The yacht club represented is the organization of which the skipper is a member. Eligible crew do not have to be members of the club represented by the eligible skipper.
- Skippers may indicate preferences and request invitations to up to three (3) of the Qualifying events listed below. Click here to request an invitation.
|Type of Qualifier||Dates||Host||City/State||Entry Fee/ Damage Deposit||Boat/ # Spots/ #Crew||Crew Weight||Contact|
|(O,W)||3/19-20||Ft. Worth Boat Club||Ft. Worth, TX||$300/ $1000||J/22/ 8/ 3 0r 4||262.5 kg||Matt Arno|
|(O,W)||4/16-17||Oakcliff Sailing||Oyster Bay, NY||$450*/ $2500||Match 40/ 10/ 5 or 6||437.5 kg||Bill Simon|
|(O,W)||5/21-22||St Francis Yacht Club||San Francisco, CA||$350/ $1500||J/22/ 8/ 4||350 kg||Graham Biehl|
|(O,W)||5/21-22||Annapolis Yacht Club||Annapolis, MD||$350/ $1000||J/22/ 8/ 3 or 4||262.5 kg||Linda Ambrose|
|(O,W)||5/21-22||Bayview Yacht Club||Detroit, MI||$350/ $1000||Ultimate 20/ 8/ 3 or 4||262.5 kg||Linda Rosiek|
|(O,W)||6/11-12||San Diego Yacht Club||San Diego, CA||$350/ $1000||J/22 / 8/ 3 or 4||262.5 kg||Summer Greene|
|(O,W)||6/11-12||Rochester Yacht Club (Great Lakes Internat'l Match Race)||Rochester, NY||$400*/ $1500||Sonar/ 8/ 3 or 4||262.5 kg||Richard Sullivan|
|(O,W)||6/25-26||Chicago Yacht Club/Chicago Match Race||Chicago, IL||$400*/ $2000||Sonar/ 8/ 3 or 4||262.5 kg ***||Jay Kehoe|
- The competition is between yacht clubs and not between specifically designated persons. Each member of the crew must be a member of US Sailing and of a sailing organization that is a US Sailing member, except that participants from other countries shall either be members of US Sailing or be members of their ISAF recognized national authority for sailing.
- The event will consist of the following stages: Stage 1 - Preliminary Round Robin Racing Stage 2 - Semi Final/Final Knock-out Series
Bruce Stone | firstname.lastname@example.org