U.S. Match Racing Championship
Oakcliff Sailing Center, Oyster Bay, NY
October 13-15, 2017
for the Prince of Wales Bowl
- All competitors shall be members of US Sailing at the time of the qualifying series
- Competitors from other countries shall either be members of US Sailing or be members of their National Authority.
- Skippers may indicate preferences and request invitations to up to three (3) of the Qualifying events listed below. Click here to request an invitation.
Race Dates Host City / State Clinic Date Entry Fee /Damage Deposit Boats / # Spots/ # of Crew Crew weight LBS. Contact Name 4/22 – 4/23 Oakliff Sailing Oyster Bay, NY 4/21 $450 / $2500 Match 40 / 8 / 5 or 6 962.5 Bill Simon 5/6 – 5/7 Texas Corinthian YC Kemah (Houston), TX N/A $350/ $1500 Sonar / 8 /TBD TBD Pierce Owens 5/20 -5/21 St. Francis YC San Francisco, CA N/A $350 / $1500 J/22 / 8 /TBD TBD Graham Biehl 6/3 -6/4 Chicago YC / CMRC Chicago, Il 6/2 $400 / $2000 Sonar / 8 /TBD TBD Libbi Dust 6/10-6/11 San Diego YC San Diego, Ca N/A $350 / $1000 J/22 / 8 /TBD TBD Summer Greene 6/10-6/11 Buffalo YC – The Great Race Buffalo, NY 6/9 $400 / $1500 J/22 / 8 /TBD TBD Tim Hunt 6/24- 6/25 Annapolis YC Annapolis, MD N/A $350 / $1000 J/22 / 8 /TBD TBD Linda Ambrose 8/12-8/13 Long Beach YC Long Beach, CA N/A $500/$2500 Cat 37 / 8 / 6 or 7 1155 (525kg) Kirk Brown
- The competition is between yacht clubs and not between specifically designated persons. Each member of the crew must be a member of US Sailing and of a sailing organization that is a US Sailing member, except that participants from other countries shall either be members of US Sailing or be members of their ISAF recognized national authority for sailing.
- The event will consist of the following stages: Stage 1 – Preliminary Round Robin Racing Stage 2 – Semi Final/Final Knock-out Series
Prince of Wales Bowl