Expedited Appeals are available only for US Sailing Protected Competitions (see US Sailing Regulation 12.03).
A Protected Competition is “…a competition held in the United States without an International Jury that US Sailing uses to select U.S. sailors to represent the United States in international competitions, qualify U.S. sailors to be a member of the US Sailing Team, or determine sailors who will receive funding from or through US Sailing. Specifically, an event that:
- Selects U.S. sailors for the Olympics, Paralympics or Pan Am Games;
- Selects U.S. sailors for the Youth Olympics;
- Selects U.S. sailors for the ISAF World Championships for Youth, Team Racing and Match Racing (Women and Open), Offshore Sailing, or the Nations Cup;
- Selects sailors for the US Sailing Team; or
- Determines funding given or directed by US Sailing.”
Fore more information, download the Expedited Appeals document below and see the US Sailing Regulations.