Are you interested in hosting a Race Official seminar at your club, sailing center or other venue?
First of all, thank you — we rely on volunteers to help us train Race Officials, and your willingness to pitch in helps us advance the quality and availability of race management.
Here is an outline of the process. For a more detailed description, please download the “How to Host a Seminar” document below, which provides all the information and links you’ll need.
Use the Seminar Cost Calculator to figure out how much to charge for your seminar.
Nine Steps to Setting Up a Seminar
- Coordinate with your ARO, RAJ, or the Umpires Committee Chair to schedule the seminar.
- Line up a certified seminar instructor.
- Plan the budget.
- Submit a “Host a Seminar” form and have your seminar posted on the US Sailing seminar calendar.
- Promote your seminar with a flyer and other methods from US Sailing, and encourage people you know to sign up as early as possible.
- Participants can order optional items and access study materials.
- The instructor contacts participants about a week ahead of time.
- After the class, participants take the test online at their convenience (Currently available for the Club Race Management Seminar; others coming soon).
- Submit the “Host’s Request for Reimbursement” to be reimbursed for your seminar expenses.