Youth Worlds Team
Youth Sailing World Championship Team
US Sailing annually supports the U.S. Youth Worlds Team with YWT specific camps, coaching and logistical support. Team members must qualify for the team each year, based on their on-the-water results at pre-determined qualifying event(s).
The following disciplines will be sailed at the 2016 event:
- Laser Radial – Boys
- Laser Radial – Girls
- I-420 – Boys
- I-420 – Girls
- 29er – Boys
- 29er – Girls
- RS:X 8.5 – Boys
- RS:X 8.5 – Girls
- Nacra 15 – Open
The following athletes have been named to the 2016 U.S. Sailing Youth Worlds Team:
- Carrson Pearce [Radial – Boys], Surf City Yacht Club
- Sophia Reineke [Radial – Girls], Lauderdale Yacht Club
- Wiley Rogers/Jack Parkin[I420 – Boys], Texas Corinthian Yacht Club/Lakewood Yacht Club
- Kathryn Hall/Ashton Borcherding[I420 – Girls], LISOT
- Ryan Ratliffe/Sam Merson[29er – Boys], Mission Bay Yacht Club
- Louisa Nordstrom/Catherine Mollerus[29er – Girls], Sarasota Youth Sailing Program
Note: RS:X and Nacra 15 athletes to be named later in 2016.
Charters will be available for all fleets and information will be provided to accepted sailors.
2016 Youth Worlds Team Selection Procedures
Athlete selection procedures and requirements for the 2016 US Sailing Youth Worlds Team can be found HERE (amended August 26, 2016).