2016 US Sailing Team Funding – Paralympic Classes
2016 Direct Athlete Support (DAS) Details, Tasks, and Conditions
2016 DAS will be awarded only to 2016 Paralympic Games Team members. All six athletes will receive the same DAS payment of $5,000. Payment will be made in full on June 1, 2016, unless one of the Second Selection events is a non-event per Section 1.2.1 of the Selection Procedures, in which case awards will occur within seven days of the conclusion of the replacement event.
Athletes must complete the following tasks in 2016 in order to receive their funding:
- Minimum 45 days of Training and Competition in Paralympic Equipment including the following:
- At least 2 major events (Palma, Hyeres, Garda, Worlds, other major Disabled or Open Class regattas)
- At least 1 Training Camp in Rio Para Games Venue prior to start of Paralympic Games trip
- Attend US Sailing Team Training Camps as required.
- Participate in US Sailing Team Performance Enhancement Training (PET).
- Participating in a professional physical training and nutrition program. Complete medical screening and physical assessments as assigned with reporting/updates to team doctor and/or physiotherapist on regular basis.
- Fill out detailed schedule and periodization form to be approved by the High Performance Director and quarterly progress reports to Paralympic Coach.
- Execute and abide by the 2016 Athlete Agreement and Code of Conduct.
Operation Gold Awards
Operation Gold Awards are designed to reward U.S. athletes for top-place finishes in a world championship competition, and are available to any U.S. athletes who compete in sports/disciplines/events on the program of the next Olympic or Paralympic Games.
For Paralympic sports, the Operation Gold qualifying competition is the Paralympic Games in a Paralympic year and the World Championships in non-Paralympic years. In the Paralympic year, multiple Operation Gold Awards will be paid to qualifying athletes. In non-Paralympic years, Operation Gold Awards are limited to one award per athlete in a program year.
Paralympic Sport Payment Schedule: