Why take a US Sailing Safety at Sea Seminar
- Ever wonder what you would do if someone fell overboard from your boat?
- Do you have a plan to deal with heavy weather if you can’t reach a safe harbor?
- Interested in selecting the right emergency communications equipment or storm sails, but you’re not sure what to buy?
If so, a US Sailing Certified Safety at Sea (SAS) Seminar is for you.
Safety at Sea Seminar facts:
- Moderated and taught by experienced, lifelong sailors who include some of the top names in sailing and safety.
- Designed for sailors of all types and levels — cruisers and racers, novices and experts.
- Appropriate for a wide range of boats — small, big, monohulls, multihulls (and powerboats, too) — that are sailed anywhere — near shore and offshore.
- Curriculum is certified by US Sailing, with special attention to conditions and challenges of the host organization’s sailing area.
- More than 1,000 sailors attend safety seminars around North America every year and many bring their families and crews.
- The certifications are good for five years.