Adaptive Sailing Instructor Workshop
The Adaptive Sailing Instructor Workshop covers all aspects of setting up, and teaching, an adaptive sailing program. Topics include: Facility requirements, disability types/populations, breaking down barriers to participation, safety requirements, volunteer/staff training and a detailed overview of how to correctly adapt your equipment (or what equipment is available to purchase). A heavily interactive course, attendees will go through a variety of exercises to help them better understand what’s required to teach sailors with disabilities.
Course length and requirements
This is a three day, 21 hour course. Candidates must hold either a current US Sailing Smallboat Level 1 or Basic Keelboat Instructor Certification.
The Adaptive Sailing Resource Manual will be the text for this course.
Registration is on a first pay basis. US Sailing will not reserve spots without full payment.
The course registration fee is as follows:
- $350 if received more than four (4) weeks prior to course start date
- $370 if received within four (4) weeks of course start date
- $420 if received within one (1) week of course start date
- Course fees are nonrefundable but are transferable to another course/date if the Training office is given enough notice:
- More than four weeks before the course start date: Fee is transferable to another course.
- Within the four week of course start date: ½ half of course fee is transferable to another course
- Less than 24 hours notice of course start date (or no-show): 100% of the course fee is forfeited.
Please select a course below for a full list of prerequisites and to register.