Adaptive Sailing Instructor Workshop
If you are interested in hosting an Adaptive Sailing Instructor workshop, please review the Adaptive Endorsement Host Checklist first.
The Adaptive Sailing Instructor Workshop covers all aspects of setting up, and teaching, an adaptive sailing program. Topics include: Facility requirements, disability types/populations, breaking down barriers to participation, safety requirements, volunteer/staff training and a detailed overview of how to correctly adapt your equipment (or what equipment is available to purchase). A heavily interactive course, attendees will go through a variety of exercises to help them better understand what’s required to teach sailors with disabilities.
Course length and requirements
This is a three day, 21 hour course. Candidates must hold either a current US Sailing Smallboat Level 1 or Basic Keelboat Instructor Certification.
The Adaptive Sailing Resource Manual will be the text for this course.
Registration is on a first pay basis. US Sailing will not reserve spots without full payment.
The course registration fee is as follows:
- $350 if received more than four (4) weeks prior to course start date
- $370 if received within four (4) weeks of course start date
- $420 if received within one (1) week of course start date
- Course fees are nonrefundable but are transferable to another course/date if the Training office is given enough notice:
- More than four weeks before the course start date: Fee is transferable to another course.
- Within the four week of course start date: ½ half of course fee is transferable to another course
- Less than 24 hours notice of course start date (or no-show): 100% of the course fee is forfeited.
Please select a course below for a full list of prerequisites and to register.
*Don’t see a course? Host a course, email: email@example.com